Chapter 44 - Questions

Ellies P.O.V

I wake early, Leah and I must have rolled away from each other as we slept last night, I turn to face Leah, she's facing me, still asleep. She looks beautiful. I can't help but smile. Last night was amazing, the tension we have between us is crazy. I've never experienced anything like it, and lets be fair, I've had my fair share over the years. But nothing compares to the tension and chemistry that seems to fill the air around Leah and I when we are together. It's not just about that though, first time for everything ay. We have a day off today, but no days off in my world, I decide to leave Leah to sleep as it is early and she looks so peaceful. I place a kiss on Leah's forehead and creep out of the room quietly.

Leah's P.O.V

I wake up with an instant smile on my face this morning, thinking about last night with Ellie. It was amazing. It was also hot, very hot. I'm facing away from Ellie, I don't feel her on me, she must still be asleep. I quietly roll over but she's not there. Uh. I feel a pit in my stomach. I look at the clock, its only 7am, where is she? Fuck. A million thoughts start rushing through my mind. Wait Leah. She might just be in the bathroom. Chill.

I sit up quietly in bed, trying to listen out for any movements around the house but I don't hear anything. It's silent. I grab my phone. No message from Ellie. Where the fuck is she? Does she regret last night? She wouldn't let me touch her in the way she touched me, why? Is it because she doesn't want me too? A horrible thought pops into my head, I instantly wish it hadn't but I can't help but think it...

This is what Ellie does isn't it? She has sex with someone and leaves...

 I really wish that thought hadn't come into my mind. I lay back down and lift the covers high up my body, as tears start slowly streaming down my face. Surely she can't have done that? After everything that has happened over the last few days.

Ellies P.O.V

I arrive back home after my run, the house is still silent so everyone must still be asleep, it is still only 7:30. I flick the kettle on to make a cuppa. A smile on my face. I've only been gone an hour but I can't wait to see Leah already. Don't, I know, I'm going soft. I make Leah an orange juice too to take up with me.

I open my bedroom door as quietly as possible, which was actually pretty difficult to do with two drinks in my hands but I managed it, just.

As I turn around slowly, trying not to wake Leah, I'm stopped in my tracks. The smile disappearing from my face.

"Leah?"

No response.

"Babe whats wrong?" I start walking over to her, she's crying. Her hands covering her face. I put the drinks on the side and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Leah, look at me"

"You've been for a run haven't you?" Leah says quietly, her hands still covering her face.

"Yeah, why? What's happened?" I ask, feeling very confused about all of this.

Leah's P.O.V

After what feels like an eternity, I hear movement coming from downstairs. I obviously don't know who it is as it could be Beth or Viv. I hear quiet footsteps making there way up the stairs before I see the bedroom door handle turn as Ellie walks through the door. Fuck. For fuck sake Leah. She's got her training shorts and t-shirt on, her head glistening from the sweat. She's been for a run. Leah, you fucking idiot.

I feel so guilty as I see her face drop as soon as she notices that I have been crying. The thoughts I had about her. Thinking the worst. Thinking she basically fucked and chucked me. Uh.