Chapter 56 - The Talk (Round 3)

Ellies P.O.V

I wake up the next morning, feeling fresh. I turn over and see Beth is still asleep, I look at my phone 05:30am. Urgh, I'm an early riser but even this is a bit too early for me. But once I'm awake, I'm awake. So I get up and slowly make my way into the bathroom and take a shower. By the time I'm done, its still only 6am and we don't have to meet for breakfast until 8am. I decide to leave the room and go for a walk around the grounds of SGP, it's pretty cold out but luckily its not raining.

I want to really just focus on football whilst I'm here, I need to. Don't get me wrong, Leah is still on my mind and I don't even know what's going on between us. I actually don't care about the whole Abbie situation anymore, she can say what she likes. I still have her words running around in my head that she said about Leah during the match though which I can't seem to shift. But there is only one thing I need to know from Leah, and that is whether she does have any any feelings for Abbie or not. I can't let it distract me though, I know Serena is going to have a close eye on Abbie and I, we both said there wont be a problem, and I was genuine when I said that, there wont be from my side, but judging how Abbie was with me during the match and then when I first saw her in the canteen I'm not 100% sure that will be the same from her side. I need to just not let it get to me.

Ping Ping

I feel my phone going off in my pocket, which surprises me as its a bit early.

Leah: Your up early 🙃

I can't help but smile.

Ellie: Always, early bird catches the worm 🪱

Leah: Turn around

"Fuck me, did you shit the bed?" I laugh as Leah starts jogging up towards me

"Shut up" She laughs as she catches up with me

"What are you doing up so early?" I ask

"Couldn't sleep"

"Ah, did you have me on your mind?" I joke, smirking at Leah

"Might have" She smiles shyly

"Don't get shy on me now" I gently nudge her arm with mine, both of our hands in our own coat pockets as we both laugh a little.

We both carry on walking, in silence, its not actually that awkward though. Ok...well it is a little but not overly.

"Can we talk?" Leah says quietly

"Mmhmmm" I mumble

"Rather than just blurting it all out, why don't we just ask each other questions on what we want to know?" Leah says

"Yeah, that's good with me"

"Do you want to go first?" Leah asks

I decide to just go straight in, lets not beat around the bush. "Why did you tell Abbie your single?" I mumble

"I don't know, I just panicked, I didn't know what to say when she asked, I don't..."

"You don't know what we are" I interrupt

"Yeah...no...." Leah hesitates

"I get it Leah, you weren't exactly lying. It just took me by surprise when I heard you say it"

"I should have told her and that's why I told her before the game, although that probably wasn't the right thing to do either....Ellie?"

"Yeah?" I ask

"What do you know?" Leah asks

"I heard you talk to Beth"

Leah looks at me confused