Chapter 82 - I've Got You

Leahs P.O.V

I wake up and I can tell its early. I'm not even sure if I even managed to get any sleep last night to be honest. I tried to call Ellie a few times after she left but she didn't answer. I reach over for my phone hoping to see a message from Ellie but nothing.

Leah: Please just let me know your ok x

That was the last message I sent.

I quickly jump out of bed and get ready, and head to my car. I need to make sure she is ok. I drive around to Ellies, knocking at the door but no answer. My knocking becoming more of a bang with every one before the door finally opens.

"Fuckinell, do you know what time it is?" Beth says groggily as she opens the door

I don't say anything as I brush past her and head into the kitchen. No Ellie. I go upstairs to her room. No Ellie. Fuck.

I rush back downstairs "Where's Ellie?" I ask

"What? I don't know"

"Did she come back last night?"

"Err...Yeah I think so. We went to bed when we got in so I didn't see her. Why what's happened?"

I sit down at the kitchen table, my head in my hands. Fuck. Where are you Ellie.

"Leah" Beth says, more sternly this time

"I fucked it. again" I sigh

"What do you mean?"

"I just need to see her, see she is ok"

"I have no idea where she would be at this time"

Suddenly, a lightbulb moment. I stand up quickly and pick up my keys "I know where she will be" as I run out of the house. Leaving Beth standing there confused, but that can wait.

——

I pull my car in, instantly sighing in relief as I see Ellies car. Thank god. I look over into her car but she's not there. I look around, I see her. She's sat on a bench, the sun just starting to rise. I get out the car and head over to her before I take a seat next to her. Her head resting against her hands.

"Hi" I whisper

Ellie slightly shifts her head as she looks at me "Hi" she whispers

"How did you know I was here?" she asks softly

"Because you told me, this is the place you come to clear your mind and forget about the world" I say quietly

A small smile appears on Ellies face, almost a little surprised that I remembered what she said, what she said way back on our first date when she brought me here after taking me to foot golf. That feels like so long ago now.

"I'm sorry" Ellie says

"No Ellie, I'm sorry. That shouldn't have happened. It's not what I should have been doing to try and get you back"

Neither of us say anything, the only sounds are the early chirps from the birds, a gentle wind and a slight sound of the water in front of us.

"I don't want you to think that I think having sex is what will bring us back together" I say

"I don't think that"

Ellie takes a deep breath "I need to tell you something"

"Ok" I say quietly

"It's about New Year" She sighs, as she again tilts her head to look at me, her head resting on her hands. Her eyes look so sad. My stomach dropping. Please tell me she's not just about to tell me something did actually happen. Don't Leah. This is your chance. You jumped to conclusions last time. Do not do that again.