Chapter 19 - Night Out (Part 1)

"Twinks, you ready? Taxi is here" Viv shouts

"Yeah, I'm coming" I bolt downstairs "Ooh looking good you two" I smile and wink at them both

"Looking good yourself Jonesy" Beth nudges me "Who you trying to impress"

I stick out my tongue and smirk at Beth "Nobody Beth, come on lets go"

After much deliberation and hauling half my wardrobe on my bed, I finally decided on a matching light grey plaid print trousers and blazer, a white crop top and a pair of fresh white trainers. My hair was tied in a loose low pony tail, and both sides of my hair tucked behind my ears at the front.

Beth, Viv and I are in the taxi on the way to meet the girls at the club.

"So, what's been going on with you lately Twinks?" Viv asks

"What do you mean?" I say with a confused look

"Well, obviously we have noticed that you aren't at home sometimes, having little sleepovers elsewhere are you?" Viv raises an eyebrow at me

I laugh but don't say anything

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" Beth pipes up

"That will be a no" I shake my head

"Why not?" Viv says

"It's not like that, its...erm...well" I struggle to know how to say it

"Just sex?" Beth says

"Beth" I sigh

"What? Just say it how it is mate, we all know what your like" Beth blurts out

"Yeah, I suppose" I mumble, feeling slightly embarrassed. Which is weird as I'm not normally embarrassed about conversations like this.

I've been seeing...no, sleeping...with Lilly for a couple of months now, pretty much since I'd been back in England. She doesn't play football, we met through a mutual friend. She is gorgeous and if i'm honest, we do have amazing sex, she definitely knows what she is doing. We don't just have sex though, don't get me wrong, we can't seem to keep our hands off each other when we see each other, we are very attracted to each other. We often spend the night together, which does also include conversations and getting to know each other. As always, I was honest with her from the start, and luckily she has always been on the same page as me, no strings, no ties, both free to do as we please. So that was one thing I didn't seem to need to worry about with Lilly. I had actually spoken to Lilly a little about Leah, she often got brought up in conversations, along with Beth and Viv of course and some of the other girls when I was talking to her generally in normal conversations. Lilly did seem to ask me more questions about Leah though, which seemed odd but she knows we are close. I didn't tell her about us sharing a bed that time though, or when we nearly kissed. Not because it would have mattered too much, but because I absolutely did not want to share anything about Leah to someone who didn't even know her. Plus, I wasn't one to be with multiple women at the same time. Yes, both Lilly and I are free to do what we want, but it isn't really my thing to have multiple on the go at the same time. I don't know if Lilly is seeing other people or not, but I don't care if she is, that's up to her.

——

Beth, Viv and I arrive at the club and make our way inside. The club have given us an area for us all to go into which had a few tables and a small dance area so we could enjoy our night without been hounded by fans, which was still a bit weird, as its only been in the last year or so that people now recognise us more when out and about with the women's game growing so much. I love the fans, but sometimes it can get a bit draining when you are just trying to enjoy a night out. Anyway we were heading towards where all the girls already were as we spotted them as we walked in, I got separated from Beth and Viv as they were in front. I felt someone pull me back by arm "Are you Ellie Jones?" In front of me stood a short, petite woman with long brown curly hair.