Chapter 70 - Home

Ellies P.O.V

I wake early. Ok I always wake early but I have a reason today. I'm excited. Today is the day we are flying back home. I couldn't be happier. I left Leah to sleep and quietly crept into the bathroom to shower, surprisingly after I got out the bathroom Leah was still fast asleep. I walk over to her and gently sit on the edge of the little bed the hospital gave her to sleep on. She really is beautiful. I lean my head down and gently place a kiss on her forehead. She starts to stir, but not opening her eyes. I gently place a kiss on both of her cheeks and her nose.

"I know your awake, I can see your smile" I laugh

"mmmm still sleeping" Leah says with a groggy voice

I lean my head back down and place another kiss on her nose, before I place my lips on hers. She returns the kiss, pressing her lips against mine.

"I could get used to this. Cute" Leah mumbles as she slowly opens her eyes, a smile still on her face

"Hmmm don't tell anyone" I smirk

"Don't worry. I want this side of you all to myself" Leah smiles as she wraps her arms around my neck, before she fully opens her eyes and looks at me confused.

"Your dressed? What time is it?"

"Errr....7"

Leah groans and rolls her eyes

"What? I'm excited. Home time babyyyy" I lean my face back down to Leah's face and place lots of quick continuous kisses all over. Both of us giggling.

I gently stroke Leah's hair as I stare at her, her face, her eyes, a big smile on my face.

"What you thinking?" Leah smiles

"Nothing" I smile. I know exactly what I'm thinking, but that can wait for now. "Come on, up you get" I jump up and scoop Leah in my arms and lift her out of bed. Leah squealing which makes me laugh "Shower time smelly"

Leah gasps "I don't smell"

"I know, I'm kidding" I carry her into the bathroom, gently placing her back to her feet, her arms stay wrapped around my neck and mine around her back. Leah presses her lips against mine, both of us smiling into the kiss.

"This is way too soppy for my liking" I smirk

"You started it" 

"Hmmm true. I can't help it though" As I again place lots of continuous kisses all over Leah's face. "Right go on" I loosen my grip around Leah, she slowly starts turning around and I take the opportunity to smack her arse as I run out the bathroom.

"Ey" Leah shouts, a smirk on her face

I just smile at her innocently.

——

It's time to say goodbye to Doctor White and all the nurses.

"We will miss you Ellie" Doctor White smiles

"Honestly, I can't thank you all enough. You've been amazing, all of you. Thank you for putting up with me and thank you for looking after me. What you do here is incredible and I will never be able to thank you all enough" I say, trying to hold the tears back.

"It's been a pleasure Ellie and we wish you all the best on your recovery"

I hug Doctor White and the nurses, thanking them for the millionth time again. Leah also doing the same.

I take a deep breath "Ready?" I say to Leah

"Ready" Leah smiles and takes my hand as we both leave the hospital and head into the taxi for the airport.