Chapter 66 - Rollercoaster

Leah's P.O.V

I'm not going to lie, the last few days have been rough. The day after the game, Ellie was pretty much constantly sick and when she wasn't been sick, she was frustrated and agitated or asleep, but luckily no more seizures. The second day the sickness subsided, Ellie did seem to be a little perkier but was a range of emotions, one minute she was talking and making jokes, the next she was crying. The third day seemed a little better, Ellie was awake more but was clearly getting sick of the same four walls and probably getting a bit sick of Mum, me, the nurses and Doctor White. It was a a rollercoaster, a mixture of emotions, sadness, glimmers of happiness and frustration to name a few, from all of us. But there is nowhere else I would rather be.

Flashback 1:

To say I've been sat on this chair all night, although it is quite comfy, and that Ellie didn't wake up when I arrived at the hospital last night, I actually did manage to get some sleep. I think it was just the fact that I was here, right beside Ellie, the first night I've been able to stay here since all this happened. I think its still quite early, I quietly look over at Ellie, assuming she will still be asleep.

"Hi" she whispers

An instant smile appears on my face, I am obviously worried about the seizure that happened yesterday but I don't want her to feed off that, I'm also not sure if she is even fully aware she had a seizure, to be honest I don't think she really knows what's going on fully.

"Hi" I whisper

"How are you feeling?" I ask

"Hmmm, ok. You played well" she smiles, her voice still groggy but her ability to speak is so much better, just taking a little longer to get her words out than usual.

"I would have rather have been here" I say quietly

"Soppy" Ellie rolls her eyes

"Morning Ellie, how are you feeling today" Doctor White bursts into the room, sounding very cheery for this time in the morning. I see Ellie roll her eyes which makes me laugh a little.

"Buen Dia" Ellie says

"Morning" I say quietly, he smiles and nods at me

"quieres que hable espanol?" Doctor White says to Ellie, which goes right over my head.

"No, English. So Leah understands" Ellie replies. Which makes my heart melt that she's thinking about me, despite probably not knowing what is going on.

"No problem. Ellie, its important that you know what is going on"

Doctor White is interrupted as Ellies body jolts, which makes me panic instantly. Ellie begins to be sick, projectile vomit.

One of the nurses appears in the room out of nowhere, rushing over to Ellie, handing her a sick bowl. I honestly feel so useless.

"It's ok Ellie" The doctor reassures her

After a while Ellie stops been sick, she's slumps her body back down on the bed, inhaling deeply and slowly, before sighing. Everyone stays silent, allowing Ellie to compose herself. I feel awful for her, she looks so vulnerable right now and yet here we are just staring at her.

"Ok Ellie, I know it may be hard to process but I want to make you aware of what's going on, is that ok?"

"Mmmhmm"

"So you had an accident and banged your head suffering what we refer it as a Traumatic Brain Injury, we performed a scan and you have swelling on the brain. We had to sedate you to allow your body and brain to relax"