Chapter 90 - Dinner Date

Ellies P.O.V

The last week in camp went by pretty quick as we played two more games, beating Italy 2-1 and Belgium 6-1, which meant we retained the Arnold Clark Cup. It's always good to win a trophy with the national team so it was a pretty successful camp. We had a little celebration after the game but nothing too major. We travelled back home this morning after the game last night and have the rest of today and tonight off, before we return back to Arsenal tomorrow in preparation for another game at the weekend. Games are thick and fast at the moment, but that's what we love.

Tonight Leah and I are going on a date night. We didn't get to spend much time together alone at camp, at all. Which we knew was going to happen but it was much harder than we both thought, especially as last time we were in camp I was obviously in the hospital so that was a different scenario all together. That sleepover that G and Beth owed us didn't happen either! It's definitely still in the bank though.

We haven't planned on anything too extravagant for tonight as we have to be in training tomorrow, but we are just going to go for some nice food, just the two of us.

Ping Ping

Leah: Are we staying at yours or mine tonight? X

Ellie: Oh, Definitely yours. I do not plan on either of us having to be quiet 😈

Leah: Neither of us snore 😴 x

Ellie: Hmm.. true. Mine then 🤔

Leah: I am absolutely joking. We are staying at mine

Ellie: Thought so

Leah: I'll see you soon x

Ellie: You will 👋 x

——

I've spent the day at home with Beth and Viv sorting my stuff out from camp and catching up with Viv before getting ready for date night.

"Oooo someone looks nice" Beth says cheekily as I enter the kitchen

"Don't I always"

Beth and Viv both rolling there eyes at me

"Goodbye ladies, enjoy your night"

"Oh we will" Beth raises an eyebrow at Viv. Viv starting to blush which makes Beth and I laugh

"See you tomorrow"

"Bye"

I head out and make my way to Leah's, I can already feel the butterflies in my stomach. Soppy. But it seems like its been so long since we spent any proper time together, of course we spent lots of time together at camp but we were always surrounded by a group, which was nice as we always had fun and a laugh but I was definitely ready to return back.

To my surprise when I knock at the door I'm greeted by Amanda

"Hi darling" Amanda smiles

"Hello" I smile as Amanda and I embrace each other in a hug

"You look lovely, don't worry I'm not staying" Amanda says as we both head into the kitchen

"I'll be 5 minutes" Leah shouts from upstairs

"15 then" I mutter to Amanda, both of us laughing lightly "Please tell me she hasn't got you around to do her washing" I say as I notice the piles of washing in the kitchen, Amanda just looks at me, shrugs her shoulders and laughs as I shake my head "unbelievable"

I take a seat and chat with Amanda for a little while whilst I wait for Leah, who said she would be 5 minutes, 20 minutes ago, but luckily we hear the footsteps coming down the stairs, before Leah enters the kitchen. My god. She looks incredible.