Chapter 36 - Home and Back

Ellies P.O.V

Watching Leah walk away broke me. In a way I can't describe. I should never have broken my promise that I made myself, but it was too late.

Home. That sounded like a good place to be right now, back home, with my family and friends. But first, I need to face the music with Beth and Viv. On the way back I call the medical team at Arsenal and ask if I can go home whilst I rest, I've still got another week before I can return to any sort of training anyway so they agree to let me go home but I have to have a call with them every day for a review to check on any symptoms. And of course, I need to make sure I keep the symptom diary, which will be my job from now.

I get back to Beth and Vivs and tell them everything. I don't leave out any detail. I want them to know everything. As expected, they are fucking pissed with me and they don't hold back either, neither of them.

"Ellie, you fucking idiot. Why did you kiss her"

"I really wanted to believe that you were trying to change, I really thought you was"

I take it though, its nothing more than I deserve. I tell them I'm going back home and they both agree that I should go too. It's best all around for everyone.

I don't wait around, I pack up some things and head off, back home. I need to be home right now, around my family and friends, my people. My Home.

——

Leah's P.O.V

Beth told me that Ellie had gone home and to be honest I had mixed emotions. I had managed to calm down and think about everything that Ellie said. I said some pretty harsh things to her, and by the sounds of it so did Lilly too. But she did her kiss. Why the fuck did she kiss her. Also, I don't know who Lilly thinks she is telling Ellie that I wouldn't be able to deal with Ellies past. Who is she to say that to Ellie? On one hand I was glad Ellie had gone home, I needed time, time to think and process everything and I don't think I would have been able to think clearly with Ellie around at training. My rehab was going well but I was missing the next game, which also meant that if Ellie was here we would be sat near each other in the stand or dug out with us both been out injured. So I was actually relieved. But on the other hand I know I will miss her. She's always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh at training and although she hasn't been with us long, it will probably feel pretty quiet without her. Also, my feelings for her are still there, there not just going to disappear. But Ellie did say that maybe it was for the best and maybe she is right.

I need to try and not think about her. And I know she needs to not think about me too.

——

It's been almost a week since Ellie went back home. I've not heard from her and I haven't reached out to her either, in fact nobody has really heard from her, she's been pretty much radio silent, in the group chat and also on socials. She did add one message into the group on game day, which actually made my heart skip a beat when I saw her name pop up on my phone.

Arsenal Women group chat:

Ellie: Good luck for tonight girls, go smash it. Sorry I cant be there with you all, but ill be cheering you on back home 💪🏻

I cant lie, I was a little disheartened that it was a message in the group and not direct to me.

She also only shared one photo on her instagram whilst she was away, it was a big group picture of Ellie, surrounded by all her family - she added the caption

Much needed R&R. Home. My People ❤️. Comeback pending ⌛️⚽️ Thanks for all your messages of support, I see them and I appreciate you all ❤️🤍