34

The painting fell on Nian Ning's instep. Nian Ning did not bow his head to pick it up, but whispered softly: "Gu Musheng, you can continue to love me, but you must also be clear that I will not love you, no matter what you do. I will not love you if there is a New Year's Eve between us, but I will not love you without me."

"If I don't love you, I just don't love you. It has nothing to do with Nianzhi, who you are, or your misunderstanding of me." Nian Ning's eyes fell on Gu Musheng's handsome and young face.

This face was embarrassed, struggling with arrogance, trapped by love, trapped by himself, but still as proud as a nobleman. His blue eyes were set among the ice cubes, cold and burning. Nian Ning reached out to touch Gu Mucheng's sharp eyebrows, and said softly, "I can't force it. Even if you die, you won't be able to force it in the next life. Gu Mucheng, give up, whether it's the hero in troubled times or me, can't you be nice to yourself?"

Gu Mucheng smiled coldly, "It's better for broken pieces of jade than for tiles, right? I'm going to force it." He coughed and sneered mockingly, "It's not like you haven't been tempted, why is it possible for Lin Hechen and I can't? The male lead of "Troubled Times" is Mu Shubai, right?

"I don't want money." He said hoarsely, his eyes were bloodshot.

Nian Ning softly retorted: "But you are not him, you are not the Uncle Mu I want, and I will not approve of your performance."

Gu Musheng was silent for a while: "It's me who you don't approve of, right? You are willing to let Mu Shubai be your hero, but I will never do it."

"Is he worthy to be your hero Nian Ning?" Gu Mucheng asked hoarsely, "I'm not a good person, I'm a lunatic and paranoid, so is Mu Shubai a good person? Do you think you can fool me with just one year? If it wasn't for Mu Shubai's intervention to confuse and destroy your evidence, if it wasn't for—"

Gu Musheng gasped and lowered his head, his Adam's apple rolled up and down in depression, his hands were clenched tightly, and the blue veins on his snow-white forearm burst out, as if he had suppressed something to the extreme: "——If I hadn't been too jealous of Mu Shubai, I believed you would have stayed in China for him, if it hadn't been for knowing that you had a crush on him, and that you would kneel down and be beaten by your father in order to marry him—"

If it weren't for the fact that love was in chaos at the beginning, and jealousy turned into poison, Gu Mucheng would have disdain to trap anyone in the world. Such methods are inferior and despicable, which is not the style of the high-ranking young master Gu who has always looked clean.

But Nianning can't.

Nian Ning is the only accident that he can't let go of on the road of his life that is crowned with success.

He laughed at himself: "—who do you think can fool the young master of the Gu family?"

Nianzhi can't do it, and Nianning can't do it either.

Nian Ning had an epiphany: "You think I'm a gangster who came to lie to you, and I'm in love with him, and he's here to trick you into letting go, so why do you still..."

Still not letting go, this is too...Knowing that he has someone else in his heart but refusing to let go, it's too humble.

Gu Musheng closed his eyes: "I said that I would force it, Nian Ning, when I married you, when I trapped you, I thought that even if I was despicable and shameless, I could wait until the moment you fell in love with me. At that time, I thought I was worthy of your liking me, and I would not let you suffer. At least I was worthy of your sincerity than Mu Shubai. I thought I would win."

He looked at Nian Ning calmly: "But after you married Lin Hechen, I realized that even if I didn't want money, you wouldn't choose me."

"I lost."