59

When Nian Ning got off the plane, he broke the phone card and lost it. He had a phone number when he was studying here, but now Nian Ning didn't use it to be on the safe side. He bought a new one.

As soon as he got off the plane, he went to Nian's mother.

Nian's mother directly bought a second-hand small villa of more than 400 square meters near the school, and she is still going through the formalities. Originally, Nian's mother didn't like second-hand houses.

But today they were frozen to death in winter, and the old couple felt very sad, so they went to the nursing home and sold the house.

When Nian Ning got out of the car, his hands and feet were freezing. When he arrived at Nian's mother's house, he was almost blown into an ice sculpture, but as soon as the door was opened, the hot air from the pavement evaporated the frost hanging on Nian Ning's eyelashes into water vapor.

It was warm in the house.

This is winter in the Siberia Plain, or in other words, two-thirds of the year in this place is in winter in the sense of yearning. The yard is full of snow, and thick snow is accumulated on the fence and surrounding branches. Only the road has been cleared to make a road for cars to pass.

From the road to this single-family villa, there was no footprints in the snow. Nian Ning dragged the suitcase with difficulty, and walked over with deep feet and shallow feet.

The doorknob was covered in snow, Nian Ning knocked on the door, and there was a loud response from inside, "The door is not locked!", Nian Ning held the handle with his hands tucked into his sleeves. Even so, he shivered from the coldness of the doorknob, and then slowly pushed the door open.

Warm pavement comes, this is a bit old room, a little yellowed and soup-stained fabric sofa, colorful carpets that make him uncomfortable, low glass windows, and a wooden staircase that turns upwards on the right.

There are still unfinished Christmas tree decorations next to the stairs.

Nian Ning could see the chimney from the outside, still emitting smoke, so he entered the house expecting to see a traditional old-fashioned fireplace, with coal and firewood in it, burning ragingly, and a furnace of bubbling cream soup hung above it, with partitions on the firewood, and beef wrapped in tin foil on it.

This looks like a house decades ago. Because it was well maintained, or well cared for, you can only see traces of life and happiness when you walk in. It is soft and strange, which makes Nian Ning feel relaxed about this house.

He closed the door casually, put the suitcase away, took the scarf and hung it on the maple hanger next to the door, Nian Ning threw himself into the extremely soft sofa, and let out a long breath in the aroma of William's cream soup and roast beef.

Nian's mother came out with a plate of baked potatoes. She touched Nian Ning lightly with her foot, put it on the table in front of the sofa, and said, "I have had the sofa cover washed, but it wasn't clean. You can see if you want to change it. I also had the house cleaned two or three times. The damaged roof was repaired, but there are still a lot of problems in other places. It mainly depends on your request. It can be redecorated. The house is quite strong and can withstand your troubles."

She put down the baking tray, turned around and entered the kitchen, and said before she left, "Potatoes are not good if they are cold, you should eat some to warm up."

Nian Ning turned over slowly. He entered the room as if his bones had been warmed to three points. He didn't want to move at all. He squinted and landed on the table with potatoes a little way away from him. He used his toes to pull the potato chips twice and pulled them to his hand. He picked up a piece of golden and crispy potato chips and bit them down.