46

Jia Bao tremblingly followed Nian Ning into the dog's hole: "No, Ning, why are you so proficient? Do we count as trespassing?"

Nian Ning pushed aside a small clump of bushes and smiled softly, "We don't count if we haven't been found."

Jia Bao: "..."

Jia Bao hesitated to speak: "If we are discovered...?"

Nian Ning glanced at him lightly, with a half-smile: "After my mother went to this dog hole to have an affair with the Mu family's second uncle and was found out, the Mu family's nanny called the police, saying that she was trespassing illegally. Do you know what she said to the police?"

Jia Bao honestly shook his head.

Nian Ning said with a smile: "My mother said that if she invaded illegally, more than half of the men present at the Mujia banquet had invited her to invade their own homes, and many people tried to make the invasion legal by proposing marriage."

Jia Bao: "..."

Jia Bao was dumbfounded: "...Ning, your mother really deserves her reputation..."

Nian Ning's smile didn't fade: "It's because she has too much fame, but she is indeed very good-looking, and she is also very good-looking now."

Nian Ning found a bunch of keys from his pocket, and walked into the depths of the old house. His mother had not used these keys for a long time, and they kept throwing them on Nian Ning's car.

Jia Bao was still a little worried, he grabbed Nian Ning's sleeve: "You said, Mu Shubai wouldn't live here?"

Nian Ning shook his head calmly: "It's unlikely. He and the old man had a car accident... After the accident, the old man moved out, and the old house was basically abandoned. My mother said that the second uncle of the Mu family has moved out. Now that Mu Shubai is the head of the family, it is unlikely that he will continue to live here."

Jia Bao's eyes were worried. Just now when Nian Ning talked about the car accident, he unconsciously clasped his hands. This is not the first time that Nian Ning has a strange expression when talking about cars.

Nian Ning seems to have some shadows about cars, he doesn't want to learn to drive, and he doesn't want to sit in the back seat. Every time he gets in the car, his eyes will subconsciously stay on the brakes, and he doesn't like to take public cars very much. Nian Ning only rides in uncapped cars.

Jiabao consulted a psychiatrist—the symptoms were a lot like post-traumatic disorder after a car accident.

But Nian Ning hadn't had any car accidents, and the one who had a major car accident was the one behind the scene.

Jia Bao was sure that Mu Shubai did not have any traumatic sequelae after the car accident. He was driving when he came to find Nian Ning for an audition that day.

Psychologists say that trauma can only be shared and empathized with very close people.

Jia Bao didn't know how Mu Shubai did it—letting Nian Ning empathize and experience trauma for him. In a situation where they were obviously not that close, Mu Shubai seemed to force Nian Ning not to forget him, leaving scars on Nian Ning that even Nian Ning didn't realize before leaving.

Thinking of this, Jia Bao shuddered inexplicably. He grabbed Nian Ning's sleeve again: "...Mushu Bai really won't be here?"

Nian Jing said quietly: "No, because he hates the old house, and he doesn't like the attic where he lives."

After getting married, it was Nian Ning who lived in the attic. Mu Shubai immediately moved out of the attic and lived in another room. He said he didn't like the attic.