The One with Overthinking!

Do Vote & Comment guys. Target 330 Votes. 

Karan's POV:

Karan settled on the driving seat, lost in his thoughts.

As I watched her from a distance, my heart clenched with a pang of jealousy and insecurity. Teju, his sweetie, was engaged in a lively conversation with her male friends, laughing and sharing stories. The warmth in her smile, the way she leaned in to listen, it all sent a sharp surge of jealousy through my heart.

Jealousy had gripped me before, but this time it was different. My relationship with Teju is a cherished bond, one I had always treasured, but the idea of losing her to other male friends suddenly seemed unbearable.

When I saw them, my jealousy had fueled a protective instinct within.

I wonder why I can't easily let go of my possessiveness. This protectiveness has fuelled the fear of losing my sweetie's companionship, which feels like solace for me.

He was brought out of his thoughts by the clicking sound & he saw that Teju got in the car. Teju felt so clueless and annoyed. He silently started the car while Teju didn't know what to say, she wanted to ask him but kept mum because his eyes were filled with pain and rage & she didn't want to make him as angry as he already was.

The tension in the car was thick, with Karan's aggression masking his feelings of vulnerability and insecurity. Teju tried to hold his hand but he pushed it away & she was shocked as she'd never seen him react like this earlier. She whispered,

Teju: Sunny, what's wrong? Why are you so angry, kuch hua hein kya.?

Karan did not reply to her & Teju did not say a word either.

Soon they reached his apartment, he got out of the car and closed the door with a bang to which Teju flinched, she sighed & followed him. He entered the house but said nothing and went to his room directly while Teju went to change. She soon came out & went towards the kitchen as she was sure he didnt have his dinner. She started making rotis and heated the curry that she already made before going out. She kept the food on the table & was waiting for him to come.

Karan absentmindedly lay on the bed & was thinking about how he had his share of romantic relationships over several years, and the bond that, he shared with them had always been strong. However, he was never jealous and possessive but recently, he noticed that he was feeling differently about Teju & this is scaring him & also igniting the urge to ignore and avoid her, which he is unable to do & is annoyed that he isn't able to control himself. He couldn't help but overthink their interactions and wondered if Teju was feeling like this too.

Teju had enough now & she was done giving him space and burst into his room angrily. she yelled

Teju: Will you come out or not? For how long should I wait for you?

Karan was confused seeing her,

Karan: why are you waiting? Did I ask?

Teju: I am waiting for you to come & have your dinner, but you have to show attitude for every freaking thing right.

Karan was beyond angry now,

Karan: You better watch your tone when you talk to me, Tejasswi.

Teju was shocked to listen him utter her full name,

Teju: I wouldn't tone down my voice, what will you do? Will you shout or break things? Or will you order me in front of everyone? You had no right to do that in front of my friends. And Karan lost it hearing her,

Karan: I had no right?

Karan yanked her towards him and started at her intensely,

In the dimly lit room, Teju and he stood facing each other, their voices raised in a heated argument. The tension in the room was palpable, and their faces were flushed with emotion. Their voices echoed off the walls as they exchanged rude words, their eyes locked in an intense stare.

She wiggled to push him away & that made him tighten his hold around her. She was getting affected by the proximity & Karan noticed this, they both were aware of the raw emotions they were experiencing. Their voices wavered between anger and unknown emotions, and they struggled to name it.

Despite the intensity of their disagreement, a deep connection still held them together, evident in the way their eyes occasionally softened, betraying moments of vulnerability.

Their argument, though intense, was a reminder of the passion and care that bound them. They knew that in time, they would find a way to communicate and understand each other's perspectives, as they always had before, strengthening their relationship even further.

He pulled her to him & hugged her tight, placing his face in her hair, she was the calm to his inner storm, and this scared him to no extent.

Karan whispered: Please leave me, I am no good for you!

Teju was shocked hearing his words, he was hugging like his life depended on it & he also uttered sheer nonsense. She smacked him and pulled him out of his room. She took him to the dining table and made him sit on the chair. She plated the food & turned towards him & started feeding him. He was sitting silently, not tearing away his gaze from her.

Teju: I dont know what's wrong with you, I am just waiting for you to voice it out. I can't understand all unsaid words & emotions, Sunny, I want you to say so I can understand what's wrong.

Karan: Few words & emotions are better unsaid, Teju. I am sorry for crossing the line in anger, and I will make sure to not repeat it.

She was hurt, his words sounded so distant to her that her heart felt very weak. Seeing her face once again, he took the plate & went to the kitchen to put them in the sink & came out,

Karan: Good Night Teju, sleep well.

Teju felt like crying. He always kissed her forehead, hugged her, and would wait till she fell asleep. She wondered what changed in a few hours. She looked at him, walking away and felt a sense of fear grip her heart.

Teja: Is he walking away from me?

Hey Guys,

Do share your views or any kind of special requests so I will work on it accordingly. 

Thank you,

Chaand.