The One with Continous Overthinking

Teju's POV:

The minute he walked away, I realised that he meant something to me. He is special to me, maybe more than what I thought. The pain of watching him go away feels so heartbreaking yet sweet.

I have always admired him & been a fan of his work, but nothing compares to my admiration for him seeing his personality with family.

But how can I understand what's wrong with him? Bappa, I feel so bad seeing him ignore me after everything we have shared. I dont know why my tears aren't stopping.

I went towards her room, locked the door & laid on the bed. I kept crying & my head hurts now. Bappa, Kal subah tak sab kuch theek kardo. Please, Bappa.

The Next morning was worse for Teju. She woke up with a severe headache and red eyes. She felt sick & didnt feel like getting up.

She dragged herself to get ready & came out to the living room & saw Karan was sitting there. She ignored him & made her way towards the kitchen to see that Kamal didi already made the breakfast. Teju picked a glass of water for herself & picked up her lunch bag & made her way out, not before thanking her. She had her breakfast silently & put her plate and coffee cup in the sink & left to get ready.

Karan, who saw her doing everything silently, was shocked. He expected her to throw a tantrum & argue with him like always. But seeing her so silent & emotionless, he felt something within him break. She should not stay like this because she is a ball of energy & smiles who will make everyone's day better. He hated himself for putting her through all this, but he also knew it was necessary for her because he could bring pain and only pain in her colourful & joyous life.

He started at her as she came out with her bag, all set to leave for work. He wanted to see what she would do. He so hoped that she would come & talk to him. But all his hopes were crushed when he saw her saying bye to Kamal didi & walking out of the door.

He was so enraged now. What does this little girl think of herself? He quickly got up, walked towards her in long strides & pulled her towards him. Teju was shocked, because of the sudden action & glared at him.

Karan: What do you think of yourself, Teju? You didnt wish me good morning & you have the audacity to say bye to Kamal Didi but not to me?

Teju was confused now & stared at him like he was an alien. She was still silent but frowned, seeing his heated eyes.

Karan: What the hell, you are burning teju & shit your eyes. Kya haal banake rakha hein tune.

She pushed him away & shouted,

Teju: Shut up & dont act as if you care Karan when you clearly dont. Kal chale gaye na aap, abb mujhe jaane do, neeche namish wait kar raha hein & I am getting late.

Karan was hit with jealousy now,

Karan: Why is he waiting for you? I will drop you like daily no.

Teju: Jee nahi, from today, I will go on my own, or Namish will pick me up, aapko pareshaan hone ke koi baat nahin.

His anger was skyrocketing & her words were making it even worse.

Karan: Dont you dare shout at me, Little one?

Teju: I need to leave, my friend is waiting for me & I am getting late. And also, why are you getting angry? Why do you care?

Karan pushed her towards himself & said intensely,

Karan: I care, I do care because you are my fucking business & I dont like, that Namish, so dont go with him.

Teju was angry now,

Teju: Who the hell gave you the right to say things about my friend?

Karan cut her,

Karan: Jab Baat tumhari hein, tho mein apne aap lelunga, HAQ.

Teju: Mein bhi tho woh Haq deserve karthi hoon, jo tumne cheena hein mujhse.

They were looking at each other, one with pain & one with accusation,

Karan: I am doing it for your good only, sweetie.

Teju: I am 18+, so I know what's good for me, aapko kuch karne ke koi zaroorat nahi hein.

She pushed him away & left with teary eyes, but also left him with teary eyes too.

Karan's POV:

You wouldn't understand now, but one day, when you go away from me & see the colourful world that the universe shows you, you will thank me, sweetie, for letting you go. I know that, from now on, my every action will hurt you, but everything is for you and you only.

He wiped his tears & turned towards the door only to get shocked.

He was about to say something but received a tight slap on his face,

Person: I thought you changed but you are still the same!

Hey Guys, Do vote & comment and share your feedback too. 

Silent readers, please do vote, it makes me happy and want to write more and make you all happy. 

Who do you think is the person who slapped Karan?

Keep Guessing and reading, and also follow me on

 Instagram: talesbychaand