181-185

Situ ReadingDanmei  

menu

"The Modern Young Prince-in-law of the Husband's Family" by Bai Yunshang

Previous─Page Page 181/521 Next─Page

Sponsored Links

With eyes as cold as pools, he shivered in his heart, and said: "Because the boss beat him."
  Brother Zhao: "Have you ever stopped him?"
  "I can't stop him. If he stops the boss, he will be angry, too." Beat me too." After Meng finished speaking, she also shed tears.
  Brother Zhao didn't feel soft at all. He pretended not to see it: "What happens after that! When he was in the hospital, I asked Brother Zhou to bring you a message. Why didn't you go see him? He almost died at that time, you know? ? He narrowly escaped death and kept looking at the door after waking up, eagerly looking forward to your arrival. Where were you? When he needed company and comfort the most, where were you?" Meng was pressed by him one after another
  , It also caused some collapse.
  She knew that she had no shame in coming and should not come. No matter how thick-skinned she was, she still felt sorry for this child.
  But Liu Gouzi called her to come, and she had to come.
  When Xiaofeng disappeared, she came to find Brother Zhao. When Brother Zhao said she had never seen him, she knew that the child was probably on the mountain, but she knew that she, a woman, would not dare to go up the mountain to look for him. If Xiaofeng only had one child, she would grit her teeth and go, but she still has a son! She can't just focus on Xiaofeng and ignore the other one!
  When Brother Zhou came to her door, she was happy to hear that Xiaofeng had been found. She called out Amitabha several times. She knew that Xiaofeng was injured and was in the hospital. She wanted to go see him, but Liu Gouzi wouldn't let her go.
  "Where are you going? If you go, what will you do when the Fang family calls you to pay for the medicine?"
  Meng felt that the medicine should be paid for by herself. It is her own child, so it must be the parents.
  But Liu Gouzi didn't want to: "They've all been admitted to the hospital. I'm afraid the little beast was seriously injured. It might cost several taels of silver! Where can I get such a lot of money? I heard that Jia Yuanwai gave it to Fang Xiaozi They paid three hundred taels, and Boss Zhang's family also paid compensation. They are now rich, so let them go out." "
  This..."
  "This, this, this, a few taels of silver is just a drop in the ocean to them. , take out some money and treat it as a good deed. You are not allowed to go anyway."
  On the day Xiaofeng came back, Liu Gouzi got the news early. He came over to find Xiaofeng and saw that Xiaofeng didn't seem to be in a good condition. His face was pale and he looked down. Brother Zhao still wanted to support the car, so he curled his lips and went back.
  In this situation, if you call back, the work can't be done, and if you don't have to, they will take care of it.
  Yesterday, Xiaofeng and Guaizi went out to dig for earthworms. Seeing that he could move, Liu Gouzi called Meng over: "I just saw that little beast. He should be fine. Go and call him back! At home!" There is a lot of work! Someone has to do it."
  ...
  Meng wiped her tears and suddenly said: "I know what you think of me, and I also know that people in the village say that I am cruel, but I have my reasons! "
  When Xiaofeng's father passed away, Meng didn't think about remarrying.
  Xiaofeng's father's name is Qiu Dabiao. This name sounds very powerful and domineering, and he should be someone like Lin Xiaoxia, but in fact, he is not. Qiu Dabiao is tall, but he is as thin as a cucumber. He looks very sick. , when Meng was about to give birth, he caught a cold and couldn't get up. The two eldest brothers thought they were a drag on the family, so they wanted to divide
  Qiu Dabiao, knowing that he wouldn't last long. When Meng gave birth to Xiaofeng, Qiu Dabiao used Twenty copper coins bribed the midwife and called her brother her son.
  Only men are eligible to receive land.
  If it were a brother, it would be obvious that Qiu Dabiao wouldn't survive for long. The Qiu family would not give their land to a brother.