421-425

Situ ReadingDanmei  

menu

"The Modern Young Prince-in-law of the Husband's Family" by Bai Yunshang

Previous page Page 421/521 Next page

Sponsored Links

, although the training is a bit harsh, the progress is gratifying. At least half a year has passed now. Those young men look clear and bright, their backs are straight and high, their dark faces are full of determination and courage, and their temperament is not as good as before. , Standing posture, dressed in a noble manner, he looks different from ordinary men.
  When girls like Aunt Tang were sent to the training area before, not to mention the young men who were originally recruited, even Shi Linjie and Master Li were frightened.
  Why are there other brothers and girls here?
  Master Li was getting older, but he was not that old-fashioned, so he was surprised for a moment.
  This place is unfamiliar. The farthest place that these girls and boys have been to is the town. Now that they have been walking smoothly, they feel uneasy.
  In order to rush for time, the officers and soldiers leading the team rushed all the way without much rest, and they couldn't stand it. They didn't pay any special attention to the brothers and girls on the way.
  Even more rushed, as if on purpose.
  I just thought it would be best if I couldn't walk anymore and just go home crying and fussing.
  But after two days of walking, several officers and soldiers felt bad.
  Why?
  The other young men couldn't help but shouted, "Master, take a rest!" We really can't walk anymore,' but the girls and boys didn't shout, not even a word.
  The next night while resting on the roadside, a girl took off her shoes. Several officers and soldiers glanced at her and were shocked.
  The blisters on the feet had long since broken through, and the tender flesh had been bruised until the blood seeped out.
  The clothes of the people in the village are made of rough cloth, and their shoes are not even that good. A few people wear straw sandals.
  Seeing that the blood was still coming out, the girl found some soil on the roadside and applied it on it.

  Most people in the village stop bleeding in this way, or they just find some spider webs to stick to, which is not very particular.
  A guy next to me also had three or four blisters on the soles of his feet, and the girl was kind enough to help him.
  They are all poor people, everyone hugs each other for warmth and helps each other along the way.
  Several officers and soldiers looked at each other.
  If they hadn't seen this scene, they would have thought that nothing was wrong with him. After all, they hadn't noticed anything amiss in the past two days. These guys and girls didn't say a word, and they walked so fast, but what happened? , the legs are almost useless. The men are fine, why, they are all the treasures of the family. My parents know that the village is far away from Ganzhou, so the walk must not be easy. The shoes are made by Xinna, and the soles are thick and tight.
  At this moment, the officers and soldiers took a look and saw that the materials the men were wearing and on their feet were not that good, and some were even fully patched, but they were still warm and could keep out the cold. Let’s look at the girls and brothers... ·
  While the officers and soldiers were filled with admiration, they also felt unspeakably heavy.
  Although he is a girl, his endurance is stronger than that of men.
  It's not painless to walk like this, but there's no turning back when you shoot the bow.
  They couldn't go back. There was no way back except to go on.
  Almost most of these more than 100 people are in the same situation as Aunt Tang. They started working as cattle and horses for the family when they were young. When they get older, they are like goods, withered by the price.
  The family will marry whoever gives the most betrothal gifts, regardless of whether the other party is good or bad.
  It doesn’t matter if you’re good or bad, so what if you’re good? If the mother-in-law were more harsh, she would only be able to bring home a pound of meat all year round. As parents, they would not be able to take advantage of it, so they might as well get more betrothal gifts.
  Anyway, if she is married off, the water she throws out belongs to someone else’s family.
  So although these guys and girls have families, they can't go back. There is still a way to survive, so they can only make a desperate move and go alone to the unknown place they have heard of but have never been to. land.
  Don't cry out for pain, otherwise the official will drive them away.
  They couldn't leave, they wanted to live.
  It doesn't matter no matter how hard or tired you are.
  An ant can still live in vain, let alone a human being.
  And it’s nothing. I’m used to working at home.
  They didn't dare to sleep soundly at night, for fear that the official would leave them behind, so they were trembling and walking on thin ice all the way.
  After all, they were still soft-hearted. The officers and soldiers took special care of them the next day. After walking for two hours, they rested in the mountains at night. Seeing that they were wearing thin clothes and it was very cold at night, they made a fire and boiled some hot water for them to drink.
  When staying in the wilderness, it is often necessary to light a fire, firstly to keep warm, and secondly, if there are wild beasts in the mountains, they will not dare to come over if they see the fire, so it is safe.
  However, there were not many dry firewood collected and there were few fires. Girls and boys usually couldn't get a seat by the fire. Not all of the hundreds of men were so polite and did not dare to cause trouble, so they Most of them rested far away, with no way to get warm, and they were always shivering from the cold at night.
  Now the officers and soldiers spoke, and the men reluctantly gave up the ground.
  It was four days later when we arrived at Ganzhou.