271-275

Situ ReadingDanmei  

menu

"The Modern Young Prince-in-law of the Husband's Family" by Bai Yunshang

Previous page Page 271/521 Next page

Sponsored Links

Being the main wife in the Hou Mansion is simply a fantasy.
  Although the Hou Mansion is only a third-rank official, everyone in the capital knows that Li Zhicheng, the eldest son of the Hou Mansion, is the grandson of Zuo Xiang's family.
  The son of the left prime minister, a high-ranking official of the first rank, and a superior one, armed with hundreds of thousands of elite soldiers,
  is now an official in the court. His eldest daughter is the wife of the Hou Mansion, and the second daughter is the wife of the Shangshu Mansion. His youngest brother, Meng Ruqing, is the young master of the Qin family.
  The current queen is also the niece of Mrs. Qin. Both of them came from Zhongshu Mansion.
  Zhongshu is the same as Zuo Prime Minister, You Prime Minister, and Shangshu are all of the first grade.
  A first-grade official is the top official in Kyoto.
  Officials in the capital are intertwined and closely related by marriage. If one of them is beaten, a large number of people will be offended.
  Although the Hou Mansion has some differences with the Qin family, if they ignore the Qin family and only rely on such a powerful person as Zuo Xiang, many people want to get close to them.
  If Zheng Xiaoyan didn't have the help of the Zhao family, she wouldn't be able to get into the latrine of the Hou Mansion, let alone the royal wife.
  Nowadays, a pheasant flies up a branch and turns into a phoenix. Who wouldn’t envy it? Who is not jealous?
  The young man probably regarded Zheng Xiaoyan's leaping over the dragon's gate as a model, and he couldn't stop talking about her. It is said that the Madam of the Hou Mansion is also a filial person. She always goes to the Zhao Mansion with gifts during the New Year and festivals. She often goes out with Madam Zhao on weekdays. The two of them talk and laugh every time, just like mother and daughter.
  Like mother and daughter!
  Brother Zhao felt that this sentence was like a heavy hammer.
  He was so uncomfortable that he couldn't breathe, and suddenly screamed: "Stop talking, stop talking."
  His sudden outburst shocked Fang Zichen and the two children, not to mention the little man.
  Brother Zhao's face was pale, his eyes were moist, and his fists were clenched tightly, as if he was trying his best to control something.
  Fang Zichen frowned: "Brother Zhao, what's wrong with you?"
  Brother Zhao was still thinking to himself and repeated: "Stop talking, stop talking."
  Fang Zichen immediately looked at the little man and said hurriedly: "Hurry up. Shut up."
  The little man covered his mouth and nodded sharply.
  Guaizi took Brother Zhao's hand: "Dad, what's wrong with you?"
  Brother Zhao took a deep breath, with a deep voice, touched Guaizi's head, and said reluctantly: "It's okay."
  Guaizi Looking at him carefully, he then looked at Fang Zichen, his face still worried. Now that he was older, he was no longer easy to fool.
  ...
  At this time, most of the outsiders pouring into the capital came to attend the Spring Festival.
  Fang Zichen looked at the young man, who was still wearing a jade pendant around his waist. When he thought about it with his toes, he knew that he was also here to attend the Spring Festival - although it was rare to bring his family with him to take the exam.
  If it were any other person, he would definitely be beaten to death. Such a scholar and a young man would not dare to make small moves.
  In this business, one is best at observing the other person's words and demeanor. By looking at the other person's clothes, the young man will know what level of restaurant to introduce to them.
  Qingsong Inn is located in a relatively remote area, and the charges are not expensive, at a medium price. Fang Zichen asked for two rooms, and the waiter brought tea. Fang Zichen poured a cup and handed it to Brother Zhao, looking at him carefully.
  "Brother Zhao, are you okay?"
  Brother Zhao just shook his head and said nothing.
  Fang Zichen looked at him as if he had lost his soul, and felt something was wrong. Brother Zhao suddenly spoke, saying that he was tired and wanted to lie down for a while.
  Fang Zichen hurriedly made his bed. He was not stupid. Considering what the young man said just now, Mrs. Zhao should be Brother Zhao's mother.
  Brother Zhao, is he jealous?
  But it's impossible. Brother Zhao is not that kind of person?
  He wanted to ask Brother Zhao what was wrong, but Brother Zhao seemed very tired and closed his eyes after lying down.
  Fang Zichen sighed, tucked Brother Zhao into bed, and wanted to go next door to see the two children. As soon as he got up, his hand was pulled.
  Brother Zhao's hands were too cold and seemed to be shaking a little. He looked up at Fang Zichen, his eyes showing deep grievance and disappointment. His throat seemed to be pinched and his voice was hoarse.
  "Husband..."
  He burst into tears as soon as the words came out.
  "I only have you." He said: "I don't want to go home, I don't want to go home."
  Fang Zichen hugged his shoulders tightly, hugged him in his arms, and held the back of his head with one hand, feeling very distressed .
  "Yeah! I won't come back if I don't."