Chapter Seven

-Shadow's POV-

I woke up feeling like trash, I looked around the room and realized I am currently laying on my bed, the room is clean and Amy is no where to be found from what I'm seeing. I felt a breeze come in. Is a window open? I tried to sit up but then I felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Arrrgg!" I groaned while laying back down, I heard a soft gasp followed by some tiny footsteps, soon enough I saw Amy come out from wherever she was and onto the bed, she touched my cheek with her hand and stared at me. She must have been near the balcony staring out the window once again.

"You're finally awake, here, let my help you," She whispered as she helped me sit up, she walked over to the dresser which had a mug on top of it, she picked it up and gave it to me, in it was some warm tea.

"Here's some tea, you need to get more rest," She told me.

"Wha--what happened?" I questioned before sipping some of the tea.

"You were drunk last night, you seem to be having a hangover now. Are you okay? Do you have a headache?" She continued to ask.

"I'm okay," I stated, the bright sun peeked through the windows, Amy sat in front of me giving me a warm smile, very soon last night came back to me. Yelling, crying, running, drinking... Soon everything started coming back to me in a flash, the sad look in Amy's eyes and the disappointment on her face, I thought I could drink away my problems and she found me wasted.

"Wait.... you were mad at me for some reason.... oh yeah... I'm sorry I made fun of you Amy," I said as I put the tea down on the night table, became serious and looked at me, her ears looked as if they were surprised.

"That was stupid and immature of me. We both have our differences... and I-I should have respected that," I said truthfully without looking at her, I just looked down because I didn't want to feel guilty, I heard some movements and felt Amy moving closer to me, she sits beside me and actually hugs me, my ears shot up and I looked up to actually see her hugging me, I felt the tip of my ears and my cheeks heat up.

"It's okay Shadow, you're not immature and I'm sorry for calling you that," I heard her say softly, I didn't know what to do, I hesitated a bit but I actually hugged her back and felt a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Soon enough Amy pulled away and laid me back to sleep while covering me with some more blankets.

"Well I need to go, and you need to rest. I would get a nurse to help your headache but I'm afraid she will tell your father and we wouldn't want that, would we?" She questioned while getting up.

"My father?" I questioned, Amy blushed a little and looked at her toes.

"Um... y-yeah he caught you drunk last night. I just told him that you were tired and then ran off with you, he could be onto us so I need you to sleep the headache off," Amy stated, I nodded my head.

"Okay," Amy walked over to me, kissed my forehead, then walked out the room while closing the door.

-Amy's POV In Her Library-

Cosmo and I read books together, our minds filled with imagination even more by each chapter, finally Cosmo and I had a decent conversation.

"So how are things between you and Shadow?" She questioned, I grinned.

"As if I would tell you," I told her, Cosmo giggled.

"Oh come on! I will be serious this time," Cosmo pleaded.

"Yeah, well he's sleeping from a hangover right now... please don't tell anyone," I whispered, Cosmo nodded.

"I thought with what's going on, you would snitch on him," Cosmo stated.