Chapter Fourty

PLEASE NOTE: This chapter is in edited, I hardly have time to do anything recently because I've been so busy and I really wanted to get a chapter up because I didn't want to keep you guys waiting another week. So I apologize if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, also this chapter has been rushed and cut down when it could have been longer. I really apologize and I just hope this chapter satisfies you and I will become less busy as the days go by. Enjoy!

-Amy's POV, The Next Morning-

Last night I was worrying my head off about Sally, which Shadow told me to calm down about... which I did. Eventually. I stayed up all night, my mind was alert and I couldn't sleep, so in result for my tossing and turning and wondering what Sally would do, Shadow woke up way before me. In fact I woke up around noon, but I woke up feeling refreshed and much happier. I'm sure princess Sally didn't mean what she was saying, now a days she's more talk than action. So when I skipped downstairs for some breakfast-or should I say brunch- I was delighted to see my family including my loving husband socializing together at the table.

" Good morning," I approached them with a smile, they turned their attention to me, pausing for a second before smiling. I sat down beside Shadow.

"Good morning Amelia," My parents greeted me.

"Good morning love," Shadow said and it was like sweet, tender music to my ears. Soon the table became quiet again.

"Why is everyone so serious today?" I questioned, I noticed Shadow's body tensed at my curiosity. Everyone glanced at each other as if they were talking silently until they turned back to me quietly once again.

"There has been some news going around the villages," Mother spoke.

"What news?" I questioned, everyone hesitated once again.

"It seems like the villagers know about us refusing princess Sally's trade offer..." Shadow explained, my body became stiff as this news processed in my mind, my family stared at me intensely waiting for a response.

"Oh," Was all I could say, but I was in panic. How mad are they really? Why would Sally do such a thing?

"They are refusing to work and pay taxes," Shadow added, oh no.... oh gosh no I knew I should have went after Sally when she ran away.

"I'm so sorry I let this happen..." I whispered then stood up, I need to write an apology letter to Sally. Shadow grabbed my arm.

"Amy don't be ridiculous you didn't do anything wrong," He assured me. The villagers not working as bad as it already is but without them paying taxes you can't run a kingdom!

"This never would have happened if I let her down easy, oh my gosh! What if she's mad because she didn't get invited to my birthday," I worried.

"Sweetie don't stress yourself what princess Sally did was very malicious. She's not a friend and you did nothing wrong," Mother told me.

"Yes. And we will get the villagers to pay taxes with or without force," Father told me.

"Wait what do you mean with or without force? That's going against everything this kingdom was built upon, we're not going to harass them rights. This kingdom is supposed to be about peace..." I reminded them, once again there was silence. My fault or not this has to change. I yanked my arm away from Shadow and stormed off, I can't believe this is happening.

-Shadow's POV-

"Amy wait! I ran after her, I found her walking in the throne room, she turned around.

"Do you seriously blame yourself for this? You don't need to and if you do then I am equally as guilty then, remember that," I told her, Amy frowned, her sad eyes sparkled as they glared into mine.