Chapter Fifty One

-Amy's POV, The Next Day-

Today's mood was a happy mood, or at least it is in this kingdom. The Sun is shining so bright and the breeze in the air feels fantastic. The birds sound as well as a choir and everyone in Sonic's kingdom greeted me with smiles and wished me goodness while also giving me words of encouragement. It helped. My mood may not be as bright as the Sun today but it has brightened up and I'm so happy. I'm pretty excited to finally get some news on everyone. Cosmo refused to let me think any negative thoughts today. If I even had a shadow of a doubt she would cut me off and scold me. And whenever I see her with a depressing look on her face I would make sure to cheer her up and distract her with games like chess.

But finally it is now time. Cosmo and I are in the waiting room of the hospital once again, waiting intensely. The happy summer day here in Sonic's kingdom has surely brightened up our moods and we are ready for what is to come.

"Cosmo..." A familiar voice called. Both Cosmo and I turned our heads to see Espio waiting at the entrance of the waiting room. I watched Cosmo's body tense up, but not in a way it normally does when she's around Espio. Cosmo turned to me with a tired expression.

"H-hey... just wait right here okay? If they call you in, you can go on in without me. I'll be there," She stated. I nodded my head and she followed Espio out the waiting room. I actually wonder what they're going to be talking about.

Cosmo didn't look too happy to see Espio which is very unusual. Is Espio upset with this attack as well? I saw him fighting with us, I hope no one he knows got hurt.

Does he know about Shadow being hurt though? Is that why he looks so gloomy? Espio rarely smiles, except it's not about him not smiling. Espio may be quiet and serious all the time but he never looks the way he looks now. Just like us, he looks as if he's carrying a huge burden right now. He may not know anyone except us in Summerview but Summerview is a beautiful place so perhaps just seeing it this way breaks his heart. It breaks everyone's heart. And Shadow is what Espio claims, his 'best friend' and knowing your best friend is in the hospital after some attack has to hurt.

"Princess Amelia Rose," The nurse's voice called me, I turned my head to see her giving me a happy smile which stirred some hope in me. I hope that's a good sign.

"You are permitted to see your parents at this point," She confirmed. I smiled and quickly stood up then started following her into one of the rooms.

And there they are. Both laying on separate beds, a night table is between them which has a vase filled with flowers in it, that's Sonic's doing right there. The large window on one side of the wall brightened up the room perfectly. Both mother and father are still asleep and I know this because the sight of their chest rising and falling made me jump for joy on the inside.

"They are no longer in serious condition and their breathing patterns are stable. They both had slight concussions because of the explosion's impact, it seemed they've been hit in the head by some of the ruble but we took care of that and they are okay. All they need is more rest. The only thing that will take the most time to heal are their legs, princess Amelia. With their legs being crushed under all that... I'm afraid they have broken their legs, but with time and patience it will heal. They will be using wheelchairs for awhile," The nurse reported. I nodded my head taking in all this information. So they're alright! They're alive! They are in a pretty rough condition but they will be okay... as long as everything goes smoothly of course.

"Thank you so much!" I sighed in relief.

"You're very welcome. I'll leave you alone with them," And then she just left. I smiled and walked closer to them both. I stood in between their beds, holding both their hands.