Chapter Fourty Two

Just a quick thanks to all of you still reading this and sticking by me especially if you were reading this around the time where you had to wait so long for the chapters, truth is I am getting so much work recently it's hard to update but I'm glad you guys are sticking with me and all. To be honest I want to hurry up and finish this so I could start the next book but I'm not the type to give up on a book so I will finish this first. Besides I wouldn't not want to finish this anyways.... you will see... I have a plot twist coming that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Since I kept you guys waiting so long I am going to try to write more than one chapter so if I am busy next week I could post it for you guys or I will just post it now to give y'all a treat we will see. Thanks for reading this. Enjoy!

-Later That Night, Shadow's POV-

Amy is laying in bed, hiding her bare body under the covers, her head is rested upon my chest, she is quiet but I know she is not at peace.

"Amy, please stop worrying about it.  They will take care of everything," I reassured her while playing with her hair.

"You don't understand... it's like every time I do something responsible Sally wants to mess it up... what am I going to do when I'm queen Shadow? I feel useless! It's so unfair..." Her voice started to crack, she buried her face in my chest and I could feel her tears dropping on my chest as she softly weeps. I wrapped my arms around her in attempt to comfort her. I do really feel bad for Amy, she's far more stressed out about this than anyone else is. She's worried about the future and what people will think about her when she's queen. Which  is why Amy is such a genuine and considerate person, my father wouldn't give two craps about what people thought about him. But Amy is the type of person who wouldn't want to let anyone down. Such beautiful traits such as these make up more of a reason why I'm in love with her. I never thought of it too deeply myself but now I know why Amy is so upset, and now I feel nothing but sympathy for her. I want to make her happy again, so I held onto her a little tighter before inhaling a quick whiff of the scent of her shampoo left in her hair.

"Amelia... I will make things better. Please... trust me," I told her, Amy lifted her head and looked at me, her eyes pleading for comfort.

"But how?" Her voice was shaking. I put my hand on her head, gently pushing her head back down onto my chest.

"Trust me,"

-The Event, 9:30pm-

Everyone is dressed up and being social, the event is actually both inside and outside, the speeches will be held outside because the villagers are outside behind the gates. And they are kept to stay behind the gates for security reasons. My father and I are actually at a table alone right now. I noticed how convenient it was that right when my father was talking about a distraction there was a distraction not too far away from me. Apparently there is a rumour that Doug was hired to place himself in the water so obviously 2+2=4, my father obviously hired that man. It defiantly sounds like something as shady as he would do.

"Yes or no dad, answer the question!" I ordered, I already started interrogating him for awhile, if this situation is stressing Amy out I will find a way to end her suffering. I want Mephiles to apologize to all the villagers for his manipulative scheme.

"I already told you I took in no part in whatever you are accusing me for. Can we stop talking about this?" He asked.

"You're obviously feeling guilty right now. I can't believe you went that far, you're hurting Amy and everyone else in this kingdom I want you to make a public apology and I want you to do it now," I told him seriously. He chuckled.

"Even if I did do it. You know I wouldn't admit to it," He stated, I started to feel anger boil inside me at his comment. He is so inconsiderate. Of course he does this. He never does anything for me, he's arrogant, selfish and cold. He's nothing like Amy, he only does things for himself without thinking of others. I can't believe he can't apologize for something I'm sure he did, for his own son. Amy is upset about this so now I'm upset about it. We are both emotionally suffering and he doesn't care. I heaved out an irritated sigh and looked at him deadly in the eyes.