Chapter Fourty Five

I hate clichés. And yes I know I made clichés before but that was before. Now they bother me. Why am I telling you all this? You will find out soon..I will save the rest of my explanation for later. For now here's another chapter. Enjoy!

-Shadow's POV, Shadow's Birthday-

Today I am eighteen years old. It's only the afternoon and I agreed to let Cosmo and Espio be here for awhile just because I enjoy their company, in the evening Sonic, Silver, Knuckles and Scourge will be coming over for awhile as well so I guess it's good that Cosmo will be arriving soon, I wouldn't want her to be bored while I talk to the rest of the guys. When Amy answered the door I immediately heard squealing and knew Cosmo was here. I, who was already dressed made my way to the living room and greeted Espio and Cosmo who greeted back.

"Happy birthday loser!" Cosmo cheerfully squealed before jumping on me to give me a friendly hug.

"Thanks loser," I mumbled, Cosmo let go and Espio and I did our handshake and bro hug that pisses Amy off every time. Cosmo plopped herself onto the couch and looked at me with a smile while cuddling one of the decorative pillows, I sat on the couch next to that couch with Amy and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Espio sat beside Cosmo, I squeezed Amy's shoulder lovingly and she gave me a warm smile in return.

"So Shadow," Cosmo started. We turned our attention back to the Seedrian.

"You getting some for your birthday?" Cosmo asked teasingly while letting out a giggle.

"I don't know. Am I getting some Amy?" I turned my head to her, her face was red yet she still have me an unimpressive glare.

"No," She then turns back to Cosmo and I turned back as well.

"You guys are so cute!" She squealed then paused for a second.

"I forgot to tell you guys, Espio proposed last night we're getting married!" Cosmo announced while Espio just looked at us dully. Married?! Already? Amy and I shot up at the same time.

"Whaaat?!?" We exclaimed at the same time, Cosmo simply threw her head back and laughed. She laughed and laughed really hard, I looked over to Amy who began to look less surprised and I have a feeling I know what's up here as well.

"N-no I'm just kidding ahahahahahaha!" She continued laughing, Cosmo is now holding her stomach, she looked close to tears. Amy sighed and sat back down, I sat down beside her. Espio looks annoyed.

"When are you two going to settle down anyways. You guys have been on dates but you technically don't claim to be dating, what's up with that?" Amy questioned, Cosmo immediately fell silent and sat back up, even Espio looked a bit nervous, I grinned and looked at Amy who returned the grin.

"Yeah, you've been together for a few months now, I think it's about a time Espio gets some for his birthday as well," I snickered, Amy covered her mouth with her hand and giggled into it at Cosmo's face turned into a deeper shade of red.

"Tell me when you two think about having kids," Amy mentioned.

"Okay, okay we get it!" They both snapped, Amy and I started uncontrollably laughing really hard, after we quieted down.... or maybe I should say after I quieted down because Amy is still laughing in her hand, Cosmo brought a cupcake she made from the table (she put it over there when she first came in) and brought it over to me. She placed the cupcake in front of me, it was a red velvet cupcake with thick white icing on top with red sprinkles scattered on the cupcake.

"Shadow you make my best friend happy and I really appreciate, not only are you my best friend's husband but you're my friend to. I'm glad you're here in our lives, Shadow. Happy birthday," She says with a graceful smile, then turns to Espio who wore a blank look on his face.