Chapter Fourty Eight

-Amy's POV-

We're back in the throne room. There are less intruders in here but the place looked even worse, it's truly mind boggling to see a messy room become even more messy than it already was. The two knights held up their shields to shield us from any weapons being thrown at us. The two knights quickly and quietly guided us through the hallways until we met our parents running along one hallway but stopped once they spotted us. Their weapons are different now. Now they are using guns and bats. They instantly ran over to us.

"Just what do you two think you are doing out here? I'm--" Mother started.

"Please excuse us your majesties! The intruders managed to use heavy machinery to drill themselves through the ground of the dungeon, what do we do now?" One of the knights reported, waiting for their orders. Mother and father looked at each other exchanging worried glances before turning back to us with sad looks on their faces.

"Take them to the watchtower," Mother instructed, the guards instantly nodded and grabbed a hold of us.

"Wha-w-what no! Wait!" Shadow stuttered and broke loose from the soldier's grip. I looked at him awaiting his reasoning to his sudden outburst.

"I don't want to stand around! Please your majesties, allow me to fight for this kingdom," Shadow pleaded. Is he crazy? Did he not see everything I saw? It's super hectic out there, he can't go!

"I'm sorry Shadow but no, we have this under control and your life means a lot to not only this kingdom but my husband and I, especially Amelia herself," Mother answered. I immediately felt relief wash over me, you have no idea how thankful I am that my mother and I are thinking alike right now. I can't ever stress Shadow going out there and fighting, I don't care about what his father taught him! I need him here with me.

"Please! I want to fight by your sides! Summerview means a lot to me, all of you played your part to make Summerview the happy kingdom it is today. I want to play my part as well! Please understand what I'm saying and let me fight for these people!" He begged. He looked serious, and that frightens me. I touched his arm and looked at him, wanting to comfort and distract him from this terrible idea of his. Shadow glanced back at me.

"Shadow...please... let's go," I whispered softly. He hesitated.

"Shadow, I--" Mother was about to start again.

"Sweetie just let him go," Father allowed, mother and I both turned to him in horror.

"What?!" We both exclaimed at the same time.

"I understand what this boy is feeling. Sir Fredrick, take this boy to the battlefield and make sure he is properly armed. Sir Winston, please take my daughter to the watchtower and make sure she is safe. We will send some more guards up there later," Father ordered then walked away like it was nothing. I can't help but feel betrayed along with the pit of sadness and worry circling around my stomach.

"But sweetie--" Mother tried to reason with him while chasing after him.

"Let him fight my love. If he is truly passionate about protecting this kingdom, let him," I heard father console her, their voices becoming distant as they made their way back to the fight. I couldn't keep it in anymore. I am getting desperate, he can't go and risk his life like this!

"Let's go prince Shadow--" One of the guards spoke but as Shadow turned I quickly grabbed his arm. I can feel my heart beating at a rapid pace in my chest, my stomach is aching with sadness and fear while tears are continuously flowing down my face.

"You can't go! Please don't go! I don't know what I'm going to do if you get hurt!" I cried loudly. Shadow turned back to me and gave me a calming smile even though it sounds outrageous outside. I can feel my body shaking with fear. Shadow has been with me all these years.... I can't let him go away.