Chapter Seventeen

I posted a picture and the Valentines day special I wrote for Heart Broken will come on Februrary 14th. Enjoy!

-Shadow's POV-

Amy and I started to walk around the marketplace to find something to do. So far a popcorn stand caught Amy's attention.

"Do you have any money?" She questioned, I checked my cloak pocket to see that I actually have a bag of money in it, I nodded my head at her in response.

"Well then we can buy some popcorn, come on!" She walked up to the popcorn stand and I followed.

"One medium sized popcorn please," I ordered for her.

"That would be two coins, sir," The worker standing behind the stand stated, I took out the bag and gave him two coins, he gave the popcorn to us in exchange but gave us suspicious glare.

"You two look familiar, have I seen you two before,"  I felt a pang of guilt, did we just get caught? What happens after this? Do we go back to the castle, I don't want to get Amy in trouble, this is my fault for bringing us out here, I glanced at her to Amy to see her face filled with worry as well.

"N-no!" I stated, I felt Amy give me a quick but soft nudge. 

"Well perhaps.... we love to travel and when we heard a festival going on around here, we didn't hesitate to show up,"  Amy lied, I gave her an impressive look, she returned the look with a smirk.

"Oh! I see! Well I hope you two enjoy yourselves, thank you both for coming," The worker told us.

"You're welcome! And thank you for the popcorn," Amy picked up the popcorn and walked away, I  followed her and took some popcorn out the bag.

"Nice save," I complimented.

"Thanks," She said with a smirk, then shoved some popcorn in her mouth. We continued to walk around and eat the popcorn, as we did we looked around to see how beautiful everything is tonight. I see children running around playing tag, some stayed with their parents, many couples walked around sharing foods like icecream, small groups of teenagers goofed off but all walked together, everyone here looked like they are enjoying themselves, even the workers are. The beautiful red decorations stopped and turned into blue and white decorations where there was actually a party going on, a party to which everyone was invited, people danced and the orchestra and band played they're music, all under the bright beautiful moon tonight.

"So what should we do now?" Amy asked once the popcorn was finished, she tossed the bag into the garbage.

"Well... we could play some games," I told her.

"Step right up! Step right up! For a chance to win any of these great prizes, all you have to do is toss the rings onto the bottle!" A worker guy said on cue.

"Well that was convenient," Amy stated, she walked over to that station telling the guy that she wanted to play, I also wanted to play as well.

"Okay. The task is simple. You have ten rings, all you have to do is toss them onto those bottles. If you get at least nine you get to choose any of the big prizes on top, anything from eight to five you get one of the medium prizes, anything below five gets you a tiny prize... unless you get none...because then you get nothing," The worker guy explained to us.

"Sounds like a piece of cake," I stated, Amy grinned at me.

"I can totally beat you!" She teased.

"Oh we'll see about that A-- Monica!"  I was about to say Amy's actual name, I forgot we made up names for each other, the worker guy handed us our rings, Amy made the first toss and missed.