Chapter Fifty

-Amy's POV, Four Hours Later-

Well at least it's over. It's night time now and it's really late. My body craves sleep but I refuse to rest. Right now I'm at prince Sonic's kingdom in the waiting room of his kingdom's hospital. Shadow and my parents are inside getting treated. The only thing left that I could do is sit here and wait. Some villagers from the attack are in here too because the refuge at the Blue Cave was getting too crowded.

The past event was traumatizing and in so many ways. Our peaceful kingdom is destroyed including the castle I grew up in, people are hurt, I'm forced to take my mother's crown and rule over the broken land we call Summerview, even though I'm not ready, and the love of my life is gone.... Well.... I can't really say he is gone yet I suppose. He's been in that room for awhile now, obviously he is still alive because if he was dead I would have known by now.

"Amelia! Amelia, are you okay?" I heard Rouge's voice call out to me, I turned to see all my friends running towards me. That's when I stood up and spread my arms and they did the same, we all came in contact together embracing each other in a warm comfortable hug. I let a few tears leave my eyes but then my quiet tears broke out into loud sobs, I'm truly thankful for my considerate friends for having a moment of silence while I burst into tears. I could feel some of them rubbing my back and tightening the group hug. After I became quiet they waited another two minutes before breaking the hug.

"They still not out yet, huh?" Princess Fiona questioned, I shook my head.

"That's okay. They are professionals, they know what they are doing," Princess Maria gave me a sympathetic smile. Another pause of silence drifted in the air.

"I'm sorry this happened to you...Amelia... over all people in Mobius you didn't deserve this," Princess Sonia pitied. I appreciate her condolences but it really doesn't make me feel any better right now. I just nodded my head in response.

"Well the villagers are looking so much better back at Blue Cave. As soon as I heard you were here I came straight over!" Rouge smiled. She seemed to have detected my sadness which is why she decided to deliver me some good news. I'm glad the villagers are okay at least.

"You guys fought really hard and well. Thank you all so much for coming I really appreciate it, I love you guys so much," I stated with a smile.

"You're welcome Amelia, I'm glad I came really," Blaze nodded.

"Princess over here wasn't so bad herself," I heard Sonic's confident voice, I turned to see him finally walk over to my side. Sonic looked at me with a proud smile before pulling me into a hug. It didn't alarm me, I know he isn't trying anything besides he's married to Maria. Sonic is not only my husband's friend but is my friend as well, and I even feel comfortable in his embrace the same way I do with my other friends. Except it's Shadow's embrace that I'm hungrily missing right now.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you," I heard him whisper. I need all the hugs and comfort I could get right now. I'm holding back so many tears and emotions right now. I just want to see all of them okay. Finally, Sonic and I pulled away.

"Thank you for letting us use your hospital," I thanked him once again.

"It's okay, what are friends for? I see they are still in there. Did they give you any news back yet?" Sonic questioned.

"No, not yet," I sighed.

"Oh...Well I'm sure they will be alright. It was a hectic battle but they are all strong, just like you," He admitted, I smiled with a shrug.

"You guys worked way harder than me, I only finished it of—"

"I'm not only talking about the battle Amelia. I'm also talking about before, I'm also talking about right now," Sonic told me.