Chapter Fourty Nine

ATTENTION PLEASE READ: Just a quick reminder that this book, Royal Love is copyrighted and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work can and will be punished by law.

Also remember how I said it's all gonna be a happy ending for this book...oops? BUT DON'T YOU FRET. I will make you feel better with this video! You can imagine the first couple as Shadow and Amy and the second as Espio and Cosmo! Enjoy!

-Amy's POV-

Without any second thoughts, I ran over to him fell on my knees.

"Shadow? Shadow?! Get up! Get up Shadow! You have to be alright please get up!" I cried while shaking my husband awake. Tears continued to flow down my cheeks like a waterfall but despite my blurry vision I examined his face, there are some cuts on his face along with some blood. He can't be dead! But I can't do anything to prove that....

"P-please be okay!" I continued to cry, if only I was there with him. If only I tried to stop him. Why did it have to end like this? My first love being taken away from me?

"Amy... I love you so freaking much. Don't cry on me like this, please be strong and have faith. I promise I will fight the good fight and I will come back along with your mother and father, and victory will belong to Summerview. After this is all over we can go on dates, enjoy time with our friends and family and have children as we rule Summerview because Summerview is not going away, and neither am I,"     

But now I can't do anything but cry... whether Summerview stays or not... he's gone. All the memories we had together flooded back inside my head which only deepened my sorrow. He was the love of my life... why did it have to be him. He was so young and time went by so fast.... I wish I had more time with him. And here he is now.... someone took my love's life and it feels horrible. Will I ever love again? He showed me love, he saw my flaws and loved me through them, he put up with me in ways my parents couldn't. He consulted me in ways Cosmo couldn't. It was only a few hours before we were under attack when I last saw his beautiful shining smile and his dazzling ruby red eyes. The heart in my chest would dance every time he would give me this smile but will I ever see it again.

"Hey! There she is! Princess Amelia!" Someone shouted. I ignored them. Nothing matters to me right now, even if it was my own health. If an enemy sees me right now and attempts to take my life so be it. Oh, what am I saying? Shadow would hate me for doing that, he would rather me be happy and move on with my life than sitting here crying over him in the midst of a battle going on! People are dying all around me and here I am. But he knows how stubborn I am. I'm not thinking of killing myself or anything, but I do feel powerless. I feel like I've just been robbed. My mind can't think straight...

"Princess Amelia! We must get you back inside the castle! It's dangerous out here!" A guard yelled at me and grabbed my arm. They pulled me away from Shadow once and look at what happened. My own love was torn away from me.

"No! Leave me alone!" I yelled and pushed him away with all the strength I could muster. My body is boiling with rage. It's all my fault... It's all their fault!

"Princess Amelia we will take prince Shadow somewhere safe too but right you are our first prio-"

"Shut up! I don't care anymore! Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!" I screamed and kicked as much as I could but the two guards grabbed me and took me away and as they did Shadow's body is still in plain view.

Finally, the took me inside the castle. I couldn't help myself but to fall to the floor and wail in despair. He could have died any other way... it could have been when he knew his time was up and he said a goodbye to me. It could have been when he lived his life to the greatest as king... but he lost his life in a brutal battle instead. I feel sick to my stomach. I feel like I'm about to throw up. As weak as I am I know better than to sit here and cry like this because I am only wasting time. This kingdom is under attack so now wouldn't be the time and place to mourn over him. The castle sounds quiet though... so perhaps they have successfully driven out the attackers from the castle. Maybe Shadow did do a lot for Summerview after all. I got up from the cold ground and wiped my tears which only became replaced with fresh new tears.