Chapter Twenty

Hey guys, this chapter is a bit short but I decided to add it because I wanted at least one more chapter before I kick things off with the next chapter where stuff start to slowly happen, but at the same time I didn't know what to really write until I thought of this. Now I know this chapter may seem a little vague to you guys but that is because it is supposed to be, later on in chapters I will give a better description of king Mephiles wife and you will even find out her name, you will even get a better description of the castle. For now use as much as your imagination it might be worth it later. Enjoy!

-The Next Day, King Mephiles POV-

I stood at the balcony, behind me is my room, as I stood out staring outside I can see the villagers working, it was another gloomy day today in my kingdom. I inhaled the scent of my own colonge and turned around to see my wife laying on the bed with no blankets over her body, the dark hedgehog with golden eyes and long dark and straight hair grinned to herself.

"So I forgot to ask... how is my son doing?" She asked in her seductive, sultry voice.

"Terrible. I'm afraid he's falling in love with that Amelia girl," I barked, I heard some shifting in the bed before my wife spoke up once again.

"And what's wrong with that?" She questioned.

"He will get distracted. I just know it," I told her, my wife smirked and sat up a bit more.

"I thought of that, but then again he was raised by you so I didn't think so," She stated as she looked down at her dark purple colored nails, I rolled my eyes in response.

"Well. I think it's about time to pay them a visit then," My wife suggested.

"I don't believe I am welcomed there anymore," I responded, I heard her mumble something but I couldn't hear it, I can tell she wasn't pleased. I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Well for now at least. I don't expect princess Amelia and I to be on good terms right now... and it is very likely for Shadow to take her side," I explained, I heard her chuckle.

"She is a stubborn one, isn't she?" She asked, my wife and I have heard many things of princess Amelia before and we do know that she is not easy to get along with. Which surprised me that she has my son wrapped around her finger so quickly. There is no way they love each other so easily. Have I underestimated her?

"Well isn't her birthday coming up next month? And the week after that is the Mobian games. No matter how much they despise us we have to be there," I heard her say. The Mobian games. The games where all the best athletes across Mobius come to challenge one another to win the following prizes, the bronze medal, the silver medal, gold medal or even the platinum medal along with trophies. There are also plenty of medals and ribbons to be won. This year the games are hosted in princess Amelia's kingdom.

"I think it's about time to have a little chat with the princess myself. I haven't got a chance to talk with her, not even at her wedding," My wife mentioned. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. My grown and mature looking wife talking to that little innocent princess. My wife and princess Amelia are probably opposites, everyone pretty much fears my wife and wouldn't dare to speak up to her, meanwhile princess Amelia is just too kind.

"I think they both pretty much need a talk," I stated, I don't want to cause any problems in my son's marriage. All I know is that he could focus better without princess Amelia being around to cause any further distractions!

-Later That Day, Amy's POV-

It's night time. I heaved out a sigh as I looked through the window, I could see the beautiful night sky, I smiled and turned my head away, I could smell the scent of Shadow's colonge and felt his arms wrap around me from behind. I placed my hands on top of his, Shadow kissed my neck once before resting his head on my shoulder.

"Finally some peace and quiet," I heard him say softly, in front of me was the couch, I broke free from Shadow and lay down on the couch, Shadow stood in front of me.

"My birthday comes up in a month. I will be turning seventeen," I told him, Shadow smiled at me.

"I will do the best I can to make that day perfect for you," He responded, I smiled at him and could feel the warmth in my cheeks, I pulled Shadow's arm which caused him to fall over me.

"Woah!" Shadow was caught off guard by this, I giggled and Shadow properly climbed himself over me, once he was on top I grabbed him by the face and kissed him, kissed him passionately with as much love as I could give him through a simple kiss. When we broke apart it didn't stop there, it was long and sweet, the way how I always liked them.

"We're hoooooooooooooooooooooooome!" I heard a voice cry out, I broke apart from Shadow to see my parents walk in. Oh snap I forgot they would be coming back from their trip by now!

"Oh!.... Oh.... I-we are so sorry we didn't know you two were uh... having a moment... uh... hi," I pushed Shadow off as fast I could as my mother spoke, we both stood side by side. I could see the blush on Shadow's face. And I knew that I must have some as well.

"W-well um... we are glad you two got along while we were gone, ummm......" It was a long and awkward silence.

"Goodnight," My father stated before leaving quickly with my mother.

"Goodnight," Shadow and I said at the same time, nervously. After they were gone Shadow and I heaved out a sigh of relief before laughing.

"I feel bad for them... this is the second time something like this happened,"Shadow mentioned, I laughed remembering the time Shadow and I made sex sounds to scare off my parents, I laughed even harder remembering how awkward Shadow was!

"I love the way you taste," I giggled, quoting Shadow, Shadow continued to laugh.

"Well how am I supposed to know what couples say during intercourse?" He questioned with more laughter.

"I thought out of all people you would know," I stated, Shadow playfully rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up, if I wasn't a virgin I wouldn't have been able to marry you and you know that," Shadow stated as he put my arm around my shoulder, I giggled once again.

"Let's just go to bed..." I stated as we started to walk away.