Chapter Nine

-Amy's POV-

It's been a week after Shadow had taken me out, ever since that day we tried to talk to each other but it seemed to have ended in an awkward silence every time. My parents went out to do their business so that means Shadow and I have to take care of the castle and we have to do our deal with the other prince and princess. What exactly is going to happen with all this time we have alone together?

-Shadow's POV-

What does it mean when you can't get someone off your mind? You're just constantly thinking about them, their smile, the way they walk, their scent and their personality. I honestly have no idea, I even looked through Amy's books of Fairytales and I found nothing. Have I become obsessed with the pink   hedgehog or something?  Even if so she has been avoiding me, especially after I took her out, I heaved out a sigh and walked downstairs,  but as I walked downstairs I bumped into the pink hedgehog.

"Oh sorry!" We both said at the same time, Amy blushed as I scratched the back of my head.  Amy was about to walk around me but I stopped her.

"W-wait!" And once again I caught her attention. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked her.

"I-I'm not avoiding you," She lied. 

"Amy...."

"O-okay but it's because I don't even know how to talk to you," She made up an excuse.

"Amy that's stupid, we talk all the time," I stated, but Amy looked down and played with her hair. I grabbed Amy's hands, Amy looked at me which made me look at her straight in the eyes.

"Amy, we both need to learn to grow up, this kingdom will be ours someday, and I can't rule it without you," I told her truthfully, Amy looked at me while blushing, then she smiled which made me blush a   little.

"I don't want to put this place in danger just because of some miscommunication. I need you by my side," I added, Amy nodded her head.

"Well fine... we are married so we can't avoid each other forever," Amy agreed.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you... my friend Rouge  is getting married tomorrow, we are invited to her wedding," Amy stated.

"Okay," I said as I let go of her hands.

"Bye," Amy said as she continued walking up the stairs.

-Later That Day, Amy's POV-

"Ugh, Shadow have you seen my fairtytale books anywhere?" I questioned while searching through the jores of our dresser, right now we were both in our rooms, Shadow casually was reading  while I on the other hand was trying to find something to read.

"No, and neither would I care," Shadow stated, I rolled my eyes and continued looking.

"W-wait... why are you looking through my side of the dresser.... I think you should stop now," Shadow stated, I didn't look back at him, all I did was grin.

"Oh, but I thought you didn't care?" I reminded him while opening the last jore on his side, I didn't find my book but what I did find was a book. I picked it up and opened it, and what I saw was beautiful sketches I looked closely at the signature and became a bit shocked when I saw it was signed by Shadow.

"Shadow... I never knew you could draw..." I stated while standing up to my feet and continued to gaze through each picture, Shadow heaved out a sigh.

"Yeah, yeah.... it's just what I do when I'm bored... it's no big deal," Shadow stated. 

"What? But it is a big deal!" I exclaimed, I sat on the bed with Shadow and gave him the book, Shadow picked up a pencil that was laying on the night table.

"You're so talented," I admitted, I just couldn't help but stare at Shadow, he was a bit surprised by my words, but they were true.

"Here... draw me!" I exclaimed with a proud smile, Shadow chuckled a bit.

"No I'm serious!" I pleaded.

"No," He stated as he continued to chuckle.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?!" I whined.

"I said no," He repeated. I threw a pillow at Shadow's face.

"Did you just throw a pillow at me?" Shadow questioned.

"Maybe..." I stated, Shadow stared at me for a few seconds before throwing the pillow back at my face.

"Well if you're gonna be like that then fine," He stated.

"Yesss!"

-Shadow's POV-

Amy sat across from me on the bed, she gave me an innocent look and waited for me to start drawing, I have to draw this well.  It takes skill to draw the beauty of Amy's face, and get every single detail.

"This is going to take awhile," I reminded her.

"I can wait," She replied, hearing Amy  encourage me with those words actually secretly want to make me draw her, my father wouldn't ever approve of this but I can't let her down... at least now I actually have an excuse to stare at her, I studied her position she was in and examined every detail of her face, her eyes will defiantly be the best part of the masterpiece... she is a masterpiece. I started to slowly and carefully draw the shape of her head, soon her body and so on.

"Uh...here..." I mumbled then turned the book around to showcase my work, Amy's eyes filled with excitement, once she laid her eyes on the drawing she smiled,  it was a graceful smile, even her eyes were smiling, the smile made me feel warm on the inside.

"Shadow, it's beautiful," She stated while taking the book from my hands.

"Well that's how I tried to make it," I replied while feeling my cheeks  warm up. What are you saying? Now you're gonna make her uncomfortable again, stupid. Amy stayed silent for awhile but it was because she was still gazing at my art, she looked as if she was going to cry or something.

"It's even prettier than me," She confessed.

"Don't say that!" I immediately said without hesitation, she looked at me with a confused look on her face. What are you doing? I don't know what I am doing but Amy needs to get this straight, she is beautiful and was my inspiration to draw this in the first place... well sort of because she told me to do it.

"You are just as gorgeous as this, you are beautiful.... and you should feel that way," I told her, there was so much more to say but I didn't want to creep her out, she looked at me with soft eyes, then to my surprise she leaned in. She started to close her eyes a bit too, I did the same until our lips made contact, our kiss was sweet and passionate. Short but meaningful.  When we pulled away Amy looked at me, her cheeks becoming red.

"I-I gotta go," She stuttered while quickly getting up.

"Y-yeah don't mind me," I said while getting up too.

"Bye!" She said before running out the door. 'Wow'. was all I could think.

-Amy's POV-

I took a walk around the village but this time I actually stayed with sir Silver. Why did you do that? Were you that desperate? But who could really blame me? I just wanted to see how it feels again,  but now I worry if he's going  to make fun of me or something, was the kiss even worth it? It felt amazing but... I don't even know...

"It seems as if you have a lot on your  mind, princess Amelia," Sir Silver stated, I giggled.

"Well I do... I just  have a lot to figure out," I admitted.

"Don't worry, you will..." He told me truthfully, I smiled and nodded my head. We will see what happens next...

"Now let's get back to the castle," He suggested, and then I followed  sir Silver back to the castle.