Chapter Twenty Five

Hey guys, I am actually so sorry for the long wait I have been busy the past two weeks and I wanted to update the HeartBroken mini series as soon as I finished last chapter of Royal Love  but I couldn't. So to repay y'all I'm gonna give this book a bit of a makeover, I'm gonna change the cover page and post more videos and pictures. I actually like the cover picture so I'm gonna keep it the same but I'm changing the font and some styles around because when I made it I was so lazy lol. Anyways I posted a picture of prince Sonic and Shadow so go check it out. Enjoy!

-Amy's POV Three Days Later-

Shadow has been acting really strange lately, he seems to be working more often but  I know he hates working.... I guess I shouldn't blame him for acting strange though because I haven't tried talking to him yet either.  Only because I have been busy with work my teacher gave me to the point that I fall asleep while doing homework, Shadow probably feels the same way! I should go talk to him, maybe we can arrange another day to go out together.  Oh here he comes entering the throne room right now, I stood in the middle of the throne room and smiled at Shadow who was walking my way.

"Good morming Shadow," I greeted him.

"Good morning," He greeted back dully without even looking at me, he just walked past me without paying me much attention. What's up with him? Feeling a bit puzzled I followed him outside the throne room which took us to the dining room.

"So how have you been lately, we haven't talked in awhile," I told him.

"Mhmmm I know," He replied back, I rolled my eyes at his arrogance but let it slide because I know I've acted that way before.

"Maybe we can get away from the castle and go out somewhere," I suggested, Shadow stopped in his tracks, he didn't even turn around, it's like he's thinking, is he actually thinking about it? Are we going to go out on another romantic date? Finally he turned around, barely making eye contact with me.

"I actually can't right now. Maybe another time," He told me, my ears suddenly fell. Wow I'm actually quite disappointed, I was actually wanting to go out today.

"Oh... okay," And with that Shadow turned to leave once again. Great. So what am I going to do now? I know I could read a book or something but I just really wanted  some company.... I guess I should at least get Cosmo to come over here then. I shouldn't bother Shadow with his work.

-Hours Later-

Cosmo and I were playing chess and conversing with each other in the library.

"So how old is Shadow by the way?" Cosmo questioned while moving her pawn forward, this seems like a tough match already, we have been playing for awhile now...

"Um... he turned eighteen a month before we met," I told her, remembering the time Shadow and I actually spoke and told each other our age and hobbies, it was like the first or second time we had a good conversation.

"Wait.... he's older than you?" Cosmo gasped.

"Uh yeah by a year," I replied, I'm seventeen years old! Cosmo froze, it's like her mind is processing this information.

"Oh.... so what's going on between you two anyways?" Cosmo asked, finally I moved my knight.

"Nothing. And when I mean nothing I seriously mean nothing. He seems to be kinda off lately, should I be worried?" I questioned.     Cosmo looked at me then back at the game.

"I don't know what your situation is... but just think, would he ever be worried or at least try to help you, if you were in his position? Does he love you that much?" Cosmo questioned while moving her knight around.