Chapter Fifty Seven

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAPTER. THANK YOU! Enjoy!

-Amy's POV, One Week Later-

"I told you I didn't want to do it. Why did you tell him I was gonna be there?" I ask with some bitterness laced around my tone. Shadow here seemed to have set up some cute little interview between myself and his father. Shadow will be there too but that doesn't change the fact that I said I didn't want to talk to anyone and he gets me to talk to his father.

"Amy please understand. We need you, you're the only one we trust right now that knows about those chaos emeralds. Dr. Eggman isn't there, it's not a big deal," Shadow sighs.

"That's not the point, the point is I fully said I didn't want to go yet you went behind my back and made arrangements anyway. That sucks because now you will have to be going without me, besides, I'm tired," I told him.

"It's four in the afternoon, come on Amy pleeeaaasseee! It won't take long I swear, you're going to miss dinner if you sleep too early you know," Shadow reminded me. Oh right, Shadow is still keeping an eye on my weight. I didn't think so because he had been so busy with his dad. We still had our moments but things slip your mind at times like these.

Speaking of my weight, I just remembered that I actually haven't been eating much lately. I tried to but I think I just lost my appetite. I know this isn't right, I need some self control or something. Maybe if I go to dinner with them then I will be alright, it is now my mission to eat everything on that plate. Then after that I will go to bed because despite it being four in the afternoon I am really tired, I have always been lately. My mind goes somewhere else at night and I lose sleep, not to mention those nightmares I would so randomly have. Okay, if I really make this quick I guess it shouldn't be too much of a big deal anyway.

"Fine! I'll go but we have to be quick because I really do want to sleep," I reminded him. Shadow let out a relieved sigh before pulling me into a deep, warm hug.

"Thanks for understanding," He says softly. I can't help but smile because his voice makes me melt like that. But wait, if Shadow is holding me, he could probably feel that I haven't been eating much again. I quickly pulled away from Shadow and held his hand instead.

"Well, let's go," We head downstairs to the dining room, all we have for dinner is beef, green beans and some rice. That's all I have to eat, I can do it.

I can't do it. I'm picking at my food and I could feel Shadow's eyes beside me. Feeling annoyed at his watchful eyes, I picked up a bean using my fork, forced it into my mouth and began chewing.

"Okay, so let's start," King Mephiles began. I took a sip of the champagne from my glass.

"Just letting you two know, that we are planning on going to visit Dr. Eggman's base very soon," Mephiles added. Shadow better not be thinking of going. I turn my gaze to him, he's thinking about it. I scoff and turn my attention to my meal again. This is probably gonna be boring.

"So the information we got from the scientists that--" And from there I tuned them out. I'm just not interested and I don't want to be here. I know I am not wary enough but if there is anything important I should know, Shadow would let me know. Besides this is the only time I am getting involved with this crap. Right now I need to be focused on eating this rice.

I am getting way too tired, it is actually so hard keeping my eyes open right now... maybe I could rest them for just a bit.

No! At least be respectful, but my eyes are getting so heavy.

"Right Amy?" Shadow asked.

"Huh?" Oh right, I wasn't paying attention to the conversation. Whoops. But maybe if I paid attention to them I won't think about going to sleep!