Chapter 15

Tsuyoi POV

I finished with my bowl and sat staring at the stars twinkle and appear. Flashes of my past started rewinding through my mind, I found myself gripping and forming my hands into fists. But then relaxed right away as I heard the door open behind me. I turned to see who it was.

"Captain Hitsugaya?" I said in question, wondering what he was doing out here on a night like this, he stood next to me then said,
"The smell of the sake was making me sick," I saw him shove his hands into his pockets. I gave a soft smile and looked back at the stars. For a while there was silence, then he was the first to break it.
"Did you find her yet?" he asked me, I flinched at what he said, thinking to myself that I haven't found a single trace of her yet. My hands clenched into fists.
"No," I replied through gritted teeth, I saw him tense up for a second, then relaxed with a sigh, he turned to face me and said,
"Don't worry, no need to rush," He looked back at the sky, "For now," he finished. Once again silence, but I didn't care to notice because my blood was boiling at HER, a girl with long black hair passed through my mind.
"Look," my captain pointed to the sky, "A shooting star," I looked up searching for it and soon found it. Here in the World of the Living, if you make a wish upon a falling star...it will come true. I was about to make a wish when the door opened behind me. It was Jinta,
"Kisuke wants to talk to you guys," he said leaving the door open for us, "New orders from the Head Captain," My eyes met my captain's. I got up putting my plate in the sink, soaking it with water. We sat down at the living room table with a surprisingly sober Kisuke. Everybody was gone except for me, my captain and...Byakuya?
"New orders from the Head Captain," Kisuke said, with his hat overshadowing his face. His eyes peered through as if they were glowing so we could see.
"Rangiku and Captain Hitsugaya will still attend the high school they were assigned with although," He said making eye contact with me and Byakuya. "You two," He pointed at us with his cane, "Will be attending a different school observing the school, because there has been observations that there are hollows that can control student's bodies making them do their will."
"We'll check on it tomorrow," I heard Byakuya say, Kisuke nodded to him then to me. I too gave a small nod in agreement, Kisuke got up using his cane to balance himself.
"Your clothes necessary for your new school will be handed to you by tomorrow," We watched him leave, "Oh, and Captain Kuchiki," He said over his shoulder. "It turns out your squad has orders to go back to the Soul Society." Then he left. Not sure if Byakuya heard, but I wasn't waiting to see if he heard too. But the last thing that came across my mind was...where was I going to sleep? I got up from my sitting place and followed Kisuke.
"Wait..." I called out to him, I saw him halt and turned to me, "Where am I supposed to sleep?" he saw me and laughed,
"That's your problem, not mine," And he left me to be by myself in the hallway. Tessai is sleeping with my captain, Rangiku is sharing rooms with the little kids, and I don't really want to be in the same room as Kisuke...one option...Byakuya's room. I shook the thought away and told myself there was nothing wrong with sleeping with a futon on the floor. I respread the futon on the living room ground and was tucked into bed. My zanpakuto safe beside me. I was about to be on the verge of sleep when he walked in.
"This is where you're sleeping from now on?" Byakuya's figure loomed over me, I met his eyes and nodded my head.
"Well get up, you could sleep on my bed," he said to me. I turned around facing away from him and shook my head.
"I'm fine on here," I said a bit uncomfortably trying to adjust to the floor, wondering how I ever was able to sleep when I was healed and poisoned. I heard his footsteps echo away and the door close to a shut. Finally sleep overcame my tired body and my mind.