Chapter 16

Tsuyoi P.O.V.

I woke up earlier than I usually did but...it felt a bit...soft? I made myself sit up, and found myself sitting up on my bed. What? I thought in shock. How did I ever get on my bed? I quickly opened a lamp that was near my bedside. I was about to step on the floor, but it's a good thing I didn't. Because Byakuya was sleeping on the floor...I felt my heart jump at the sight of him. I sat there staring at his sleeping figure for a moment. Then I quietly tippie-toed around him. I opened the door a crack. No one was there. I turned around and stood staring at him sleep. I walked to where he slept on my futon. I kneeled down in front of him. I watched him breath slowly, as his features gave off a peaceful face. He had nothing in his hair as he slept. I couldn't help brush a strand aside.
Then he stirred. I froze in place afraid that he might wake up. But he just changed his sleeping position and once again was fast asleep. I let out the breath that I held. I touched his face tracing his jawline...then I stopped abruptly. Turning away in embarrassment, glad that he was asleep. I rested my hand onto my lap. He...carried me to his bed...while he chose to sleep on the floor. I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them close to me. The only person who ever did that was...my father...Beep! Beep! Beep! I jumped up in shock, as the alarm clock rang. I quickly got up and jumped onto my bed facing the ceiling, hoping that he didn't see me.
I heard the alarm shut off by a hand that surely wasn't mine. From beneath my eyelids I could see a shadow block the light that I turned on earlier. Wait! The lamp! I forgot to turn it off! He'll know who it was that turned it on, since I was the only one in the room besides him! Crap! I waited for a wake up call...but it never came. Instead I felt him pull the covers up to me, covering my shoulders. Then the door opening and closing. I waited for a minute then got up. Giving myself a breath of relief I made my bed and his futon, in return for carrying me to this bed. I opened the door to Rangiku's room. She was already awake, applying make up on her.
"Aw, Tsuyoi," She said capping her lip gloss as she noticed me enter her room. She stared at me in shock, a gasp had escaped from her lips as she saw me.
"Your hair! Oh my goodness! What happened?! Your beautiful hair!" She ran towards me clutching the longest part of my hair in her hand as she examined the damage. I told her about the adjuchas that attacked Byakuya and cut me near my neck. Rangiku had her hand placed on her chin looking at my hair.
"I got an idea!" She said snapping her fingers. She shuffled through her bag and came out with a pair of barbering scissors fit for cutting. I sighed, letting her cut it, because my hair looked just too funny. There was a lot of snipping and she wouldn't let me see myself in the mirror until she was finished. As I waited for my hair to come out evenly, I heard a lot of rustling that was in the living room. Maybe they're setting up breakfast? I thought to myself as I saw a chunk of my hair fall. Then Rangiku's face was up to mine as she examined my bangs. She too cut those. She stood back admiring her work. The door opened and Ururu came in with a bundle of clothing. She saw me and gave to me.
"Kisuke, wanted you to know that this is your new school uniform," She said to me, with her cute little blank stare as she stood up to leave to give me some privacy.
'Thank you," I called after her. I heard Rangiku made an Oohing sound,
"Put them on! Put them on!" She said excitedly taking off my shirt for me. "Whoa! What are you doing!" I yelled, trying to pull my shirt back on but it was already off. Then I was soon muffled by my uniform shirt that was pulled on top of me. I pulled my head through the hole that was made for my head. And before I knew it, my pants were off, showing my underwear. Before I could react the black skirt was already pulled onto me. Rangiku helped me stand up while I wobbled on my legs. She tucked my shirt into my skirt and pulled on the tie that came with the uniform. Next with super speed came the purple jacket. The sleeves were folded at the elbows. Before I ever got the chance to look at my hair, I was dragged out of the door and into the living room. Kisuke was leaning against the wall, and Tessai was sitting near the table, Byakuya was sitting down drinking something warm and was reading a book.
"Hey look! Now she looks like Rukia and Hisana put together!" Rangiku tossed me out in front of her, as everybody had a better look at me. Kisuke clapped his hand, and ran pass me to go and get his camera. Tessai sat clapping his hands and Byakuya gave a cough as he choked on his drink. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked at me, then glanced away. He got up passing me through the hallway, as he did he looked at me once then walked away. I sighed, Rangiku rushed me into the bathroom. I saw my hair for the first time, it was short to my shoulders and the ends stuck out into a curve.
Rangiku was busy teaching me about how to make hair look nice when I have a lot of time on my hands. And when I don't. After the lecturing about the hair was done, we sat down and ate breakfast. I assumed that Byakuya ate ahead of time before I did so I didn't worry as much. After I was done, my bag was handed to me from Kisuke and he took pictures of me as I stood still and trying to escape from him when Byakuya came out of the room we now both shared. He was loosening his tie with one hand, while in the other he carried a bag similar to mine. He had no decorations in his hair what-so-ever. With the jacket that came with the uniform, the folded sleeves at the elbows...he didn't look too bad...I looked away from him and opened the door outside. I waited for him as he came through the door. Yoruichi bade us good bye as we left, But where has she been all this time? I never really saw her until the day she carried me back to Kisuke's house.