Chapter 34

Tsuyoi P.O.V.

Lina opened the door revealing the whole cabin of girls wrapped in towels. Seems like we were all going to bathe at the same time. Making it to my futon, I stripped down the drenched sticky clothing and wrapped my towel around me getting ready to bathe. Thinking that I should to take the soiled clothes to go wash in the bath as well, I did. Lina handed me a light yukata (probably provided from the camp) as we left our cabin. The bathing house wasn't that far from where our cabin was, also there were no boys to peek because I remembered that there was an announcement on if there was a complaint of a peeping tom, that person will be sent home.
I really didn't see the reason of that person being sent home because, for them it might be worth going home while taking a glimpse at naked girls in the bath. Not so much of a punishment in my opinion. The bath was pretty big, there were no curtains to cover any of us, just bare towels and the sprinklers. There were stools to sit on as we bathed. We all chose a spot that was near the middle of the bathhouse and sat rinsing ourselves. I took my towel off and put it on a nearby bench, safe from the water. Grabbing a nearby bowl, I doused myself in the warm water. There were a couple sighs of relief as the steam formed...I guess some of the girls were still a bit embarrassed about showing their bodies, I, on the other hand didn't really care.
"Can I help you bathe?" I heard Lina's voice ask from behind me. I paused then nodded my head, giving her the sponge and soap to wipe of the grime that my gigai contained on the outside. She scrubbed me with soft and slow strokes, I closed my eyes...it sort of reminded me of...home...I opened my eyes in shock remembering that I didn't have a home. Or a place to even escape through...
"Are you alright?" Lina asked peeking over my shoulder, I quickly shook my head yes, because I didn't want her to worry. Even though I haven't known her for long, I can tell what kind of a person that she could be already. It isn't good for her to be worrying about others when she can't take care of herself...her generosity will benefit her greatly in the future but...it is also a disadvantage as well. Wait...(-_-) why am thinking about her taking on on a life that of a shinigami?
"All done!" She said cheerfully as she rinsed and squeezed the sponge full of bubble. Water was splashed onto my back, the bubbles swimming down the drain and disappearing as they swirled away.
"Do you need help to wash your back?" I asked back, because I don't like owing things to people. She shook her head and gave me one last wash.
"Naw, Hikana helped me a while ago. So I'm fine." She stood up from bending down to wash my back. I reached for my towel that sat on a nearby bench and wiped myself dry, then tied the yukata around me, heading to the sinks to brush my teeth. I waited for the others to be done because they took a REALLY long time to be finished. When all of the students were accounted for, we walked back to our cabins but we didn't go to sleep. Instead the cabin leaders decided to tell ghost stories...in the dark, Oh hell no! I was getting ready to go to bed first but...they were pretty far from my futon and...I didn't want to be alone...what if the ghost stories that they are telling REALLY coming true! So just to be safe I decided to stay up until everyone had gone to bed.
We all got in a circle and Futari our cabin leader went first to tell a ghost story. She sat in the middle of the circle that the girls had made, and held a flashlight illuminating her face. The story at first it was about a old man and a old woman. They were sitting down one night eating rice. The husband for some reason started feeling paranoid and ate the rice pretty fast. Then on the corner of his eye he saw on the wall that of a shadow...
"Honey! I think there is a ghost that is living in this house!?" He said as he tugged onto his wife's shoulder. His wife shrugged him off and then said.
"There is no ghost here at all. So instead of hallucinating, just hurry and finish your dinner.'' She looked away and started eating again her bowl of food. The husband returned to eating, he tried to eat in small swallows, he took a glance at the wall...nothing. He ate again this time even faster. That's when the shadow reappeared. He jumped up and threw his chopsticks down.
"Thats's it!" He yelled placing his hands in the air, "I'm not hallucinating! There is a ghost in the house!" His eyes full of terror as he pointed to the wall that was now empty with no shadow. His wife narrowed her eyes, and stood up. She reached for his face.
"There!" She took something from the corner of his eye. It was rice. "That was what was making you hallucinating," Futari said as she ended her story, most of the girls didn't like it because it wasn't scary.