0.3

*Luke's P.O.V*

Although I'm used to playing to big crowds, I always get nervous before going on stage; I turn into a sweaty and hyperactive thing. However today I suspect that the fact Laurel is going to be somewhere out there is also contributing to my over-excitement, I don't really know why. In order to occupy my head with different thoughts I begin walking round and round with my guitar hanging on my body. I take a walk around production and for the first time in ages I get to see how the entire magic of making a concert happens. Really, we only get there after everything is set and even so, we stay on our dressing rooms until it's showtime, but tonight, once I decided to walk, I'm able to watch as dozens of professionals do their jobs. Then I see John, who seems to be in a rush, but I decide to stop him for a couple minutes anyway.

"Did Laurel look for you?" I want to know.

"Yes, she and a friend, Megan. They're already inside" He replies.

I try to sneak peek through a small gap within the curtains on the left side of the stage for a familiar face, but couldn't find it; it's pretty crowded tonight.

All of a sudden, I feel someone punch me in the back. "What are you looking at, dude?" Michael asks me.

"The public." I say, turning back to the audience again. "There are a lot of people here tonight."

"That's good, isn't it? I love it when the house is almost over-capacity. It tells something about our work!"

"It only makes me more nervous." I admit, feeling my hands sweat again.

"Relax. Remember that everyone down there wants you in their beds." He jokes and I feel my cheeks heat. "I'm going back to the dressing room so we can do the warm up. Meet you there?"

"I'm going with you" I say, leaving the audience and hoping Laurel is somewhere I can see her from up stage.

Some hours and about three gallons of sweat produced and liberated by my glands later, we thank and say goodbye to the crowd, so we can quickly get to backstage.

"Today was fucking insane!" Ashton laughs, throwing himself on the couch. "Did you guys see the amount of fans?"

"It really was amazing" Calum agrees "but North Carolina is always this welcoming."

I'm just too sweaty, so I run to the toilet to wash my face and grab a towel, but when I open the tap I hear a knock on the door.

"Who it must be? I don't recall having a meet & greet today." Ashton asks the others. I hear him open the door. "May I help you?"

"Wow, that's Ashton!" An unknown girl's voice shouts, as if Ashton was the last drop of water in the desert. I shake my head; probably that was just another girl who "accidentally" lost her way and ended up in our dressing room.

"Sorry about that. Hi, good evening." Now that voice I know. "I'm--"

I sneak out the toilet with the towel around my neck and smile to Laurel when her eyes meet mine.

"Hi, Luke!" She smiles from the door.

"What's up" I head towards the door to give her a hug and pull both girls inside. I get so focused on Laurel I don't even realize her friend, Megan, as I remember John saying, was there.

"You're even hotter in person" She tells me and I blush.

"Thanks, huh, I guess." I smile awkwardly at her. Once I look to my band mates they're staring at me with a what the fuck? look, so I clear my throat. "These are Ashton, Calum and Michael, I assume you already know."