2.6

WE WERE RANKED #439 IN FANFICTION OMG CAN I HUG YOU GUYS AND PAY YOU ALL AN ICE CREAM PLEASE? THIS IS LIIIIIIIT DKFHBKF

*Laurel's P.O.V*

I wake up with a massive headache. When I open my eyes my vision is blurred, but I do recognize that Luke's torso is right in front of me. I clench and wide them open again to clear my vision, remembering what happened last night. Too many whiskeys, love song in the car, me sobbing on Luke's floor, his arms around me. Well, that escalated quickly.

I look up and find that Luke is already awake. He's supporting his head with one hand, while the other is gently rubbing my side. And he's watching me. When he realizes I'm awake he smiles softly.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispers, kissing my forehead. I grunt and bury my face on his chest.

"More like hangover morning. My head is killing me." I complain. Luke chuckles, moving my hair to behind my ear.

"Not my fault you decided to drink like a fish. What were you thinking, lady?"

"I was thinking Alex's got the finest Jameson I've ever tasted," I defend myself. "it was the opportunity of a lifetime."

"Well, you could have sticked with the beers."

"Nah."

Luke starts moving to stand up and I wrap my arm and leg around him.

"Are you seriously gonna leave me here, in my misery, all alone?" I mourn.  Yeah, I'm a pain in the ass when I've got a hangover.

"Actually, I'm going down to make us breakfast so I can get you some medicine?"

"Ugh, no. No medicine. But yeah, breakfast sounds wonderful. I'll go downstairs soon."

He kisses the top of my head and I release him, closing my eyes again.

Once I realize there's no way I'm able to fall asleep again, I lazily sit down in bed, trying to tame my rebel hair. For what I recall I slept with it still wet. Not a good thing. I head to Luke's bathroom and wash my face, trying to look, well, normal.

I go down and sit by the counter in the kitchen. Luke is preparing something for me to eat, and even though I love admiring his naked back, I can't even manage to keep my eyes open for more than 2 minutes. I must have fallen asleep right there because the next thing I remember is Luke calling my name, sounding amused.

"I'm awake, I'm awake." I smile, yawning. He places a plate with toasts for me and bacon and eggs for him. I frown. "Not fair."

"Life ain't fair." He jokes. "And besides, greasy food is not good for people when they've got a hangover, that's a myth."

"Unfortunately, I know that." I groan. "Do you have honey? I've heard it helps as well."

Luke nods and gets it to me. I thank him and we start eating in silence. He looks so... calm. Despite what I told him yesterday. Why?

Maybe because he doesn't care.

Well I do remember what he said afterwards.

"So..." I begin, feeling my stomach contracting. "About, um, yesterday."

Luke stops chewing and glance at me, sighing. His fingers are bent toward the palm, held there tightly. He clenches his jaw and for a moment I think he's going to hit something, but he suddenly relaxes.

"I can't even talk about it." He answers. "I wish I could do something to help."

"I want to apologize." I place my hand on top of his. "I cried more than I should yesterday, but it was the Jameson."

"Laurel, we both know it wasn't the whiskey, and there's nothing wrong with crying considering what happened to you. That guy is one son of a bitch and if I ever find him I swear I will--"

"Luke, babe." I call him by the pet name before I could stop myself. Uh, there's no turning back now. "He's gone, really. I don't give a fuck about him or Vanessa, and I plan on never getting to see them again."

"But what he's done to you..." Luke squints. "I can't even dare to imagine it."

"It's horrible, I know. But it's not like I didn't know he would. I wasn't able to push him away, I didn't want to, even when I was completely sure he would hurt me." I sadly smile at him, pulling his chin up so he would look at me. "I don't want to talk about Sean. The present is you and I, right here. I just told you the whole thing so you could understand why I, um..."

He blushes and small smiles at me, understanding.

"I get it. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you the way I did." He holds my hand and kisses it.

"There's nothing to apologize for. I want you, Luke. But I can't, at least... Not right now."

He gazes into my eyes, leaning down to gently kiss my lips.

"I meant what I said: I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you again."

"My hero." I giggle and Luke starts singing Hero by Enrique Iglesias and dancing to it, making me laugh even more. At a certain moment he takes my hand and spins me around until my chest is against his, and he's hugging me tight, still singing to me.

You know when you just feel safe somewhere for no apparent reason? Like, when you're a kid and you're scared, you go for your parents and all they have to do is smile at you, or hug you, hold your hand; all the monsters fade away. From that moment on you're the bravest child in the world, and you can defeat whichever creature that's under your bed.

That's sort of how I feel right now, while Luke is holding me and humming to me with his angelic voice. I don't want him to ever let me go. Ever.

Time for a confession: I'm in love with him. Now I'm positive.

And I so want to surrender to him like I've never wanted before, not even to Sean. Bryana said I should talk to him about it, that he also has feelings for me. That's it.

"Luke, I need to--"

His phone starts ringing on top of the counter. We both look at it and he lets go of me.

"I need to pick up, I'm waiting for my manager to call me."

He reaches it and rolls his eyes. Apparently it's no manager.

"It's Amanda." He tells me, showing the screen.

"Answer it." I say, simply.

"I don't want to." He tells me, coming closer. I step away, trying my best to look okay.

"But she wants to talk to you. Remember that you guys are still going out. Girls don't like being ignored." I tell him, before rushing upstairs.

I hear Luke calling me twice but he gives up and answers his phone. I go to my room and close the bathroom door, feeling my heart breaking.

"I can't tell him." I say to myself. "Not as long as he's still with her."

----------
Just a filler. From now on I'm going to speed up the story! Anyhow, don't forget to tell me what you think. Vote and share if you like it, it helps a lot! Thanks for reading.

PS: I'd like to apologize for updating every day, but it's because my school starts again within a fortnight and I was hoping I could finish this book before it returns.

PPS: I can't tell if that girl on the gif is sneezing or crying so let's pretend she's crying okay? lolol

Stay beautiful! <3 xo