3.9

AND WE ARE RANKED #79 IN FANFICTION IM GONNA DIE

December 25th

*Laurel's P.O.V*
"Merry Christmas, love" I hear someone whispering in my ear and kissing my cheek. I lazily open my eyes.

"What time is it?" I mumble, gathering all my strength not to close them again.

"Ten in the morning. I think it's about time we get up"

I scratch my eyes and sit in bed, Luke right next to me.

"How was your night?" He chuckles, running his fingers through my messy hair.

"I guess I had a bad dream" I frown, trying to remember details. "It was about you and the paparazzi, they kidnapped you or something like that"

"What the fuck?" Luke laughs, holding my hand so we both stand up. "But are you completely rested? Or do you need more time?"

"Nah, I'm cool. I think I just need a shower."

"Can I join you now?" He smirks.

"I'll think about it" I wink, taking my things and closing the bathroom door. "Merry Christmas"

I let the water soak my hair and close my eyes, relaxing. Damn, I love showers. I take the scrubby and when I'm washing it all someone abruptly opens the door and Luke stares at me through the mirror.

"Babe, mom is asking if you'd like toast for breakfast or porridge" Luke says.

I'm so confused right now I can't even think of what to say.

"Um, whatever." I reply, trying not to stutter. Luke nods and smirks devilishly at me.

"Oh, nice curves by the way"

"As if you've never seen them." I roll my eyes, quickly grabbing the towel to cover myself.

"Not like that. I must leave now, otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to get inside that with you.

Luke closes the door and I keep on staring at it through the mirror, petrified. When people ask me the reason I hate having glass instead of curtains in the shower, that's exactly why.

I sigh, unwrapping my body and resuming my shower. Five minutes later I'm done, putting on new clothes and combing my hair.

When I go downstairs I wish Merry Christmas to both Luke's parents and sit down to eat toast. I glance at Luke and he's looking at me, a goofy smile on his face. I blush and try focusing on my food.

I should be embarrassed, but I'm not. I'm actually more interested in knowing what crossed his mind at that moment.

"So today we are gathering the whole family for lunch, at aunt Cassidy's." Liz informs. "Andrew and I will leave now to help her out, but you two can stay if you want"

"So we meet at aunt Cassidy's?" Luke asks.

"What car will you take?"

"We can take Uber."

                                 •••

I'm waiting for Luke to get out of the shower, walking round and round my room. When he opens the bathroom door I can't help stopping where I am to admire his figure.

He's wearing a pair of black skinny jeans; shirtless. He might not be fit but his back, oh my God. My legs shake as I watch him combing his hair in the mirror, the muscles contracting and relaxing.

What's going on with me?

When Luke realizes I'm staring he grins and looks at me through the mirror.