8.3

February 5th
*Laurel's P.O.V*

I walk across my apartment, trying to calm my nerves. My heart beats faster than it ever did before, and I'm holding my pendant as I picture all the possible scenarios for tonight:
1- I don't get to see Luke;
2- I'm able to sneak in but he doesn't want to talk to me;
3- I sneak in and we talk but things just get worse;
4- I sneak in, we talk and we get back to being friends;
5- I sneak in, we talk and we get back to what it was before;

As you can see, the good options are 2/5, which means 60% of chance that it will totally go wrong for me. The odds and statistics are not in my favor.

"Okay, so my ID, money, lipstick..." Megan counts her things, tugging everything inside her purse. "and the ticket. I'm ready"

"Now we just have to wait for Riley" I respond.

"Coming!" She shouts from her room and I hear something collapsing to the floor. "Dang it"

"Watch your language, little one" Jokes Megan.

I roll my eyes, impatiently stomping. Rule number 1: if you want to go out with Riley, tell her to get ready 2 hours before yourself.

Megan offers me skittles but I shake my head, feeling the butterflies on my stomach.

"Baby, relax" She rubs my arm, kissing my cheek. "You are gonna turn out fine, oh, you turn out fine..."

"But you gotta keep your head up, oh, and you can let your hair down, eh" I finish the lyrics and Megan chuckles.

"That's my girl. Now, remember: it's just Luke, the same person you met two years ago"

"I don't think he's the same; I'm not."

"You know what I mean. It's no use being nervous, all right? Just chill out, take a deep breath and everything will work."

"Okay, I'm ready" Riley finally gets to the living room. For the first time ever I see her without her glasses. She's a very beautiful human being.

"I bought my contacts yesterday" She explains when I compliment her. "It's so weird, my vision is somehow clearer"

"I know right?" Even though I should, I barely take off my contacts, not even to sleep; my ophthalmologist is always disappointed at me.

"Let's go, then?" Megan sighs, relieved. "It's about time."

My stomach contracts. That's it.

"Let's just do it, for Christ's sake, or I might end up passing out in here" I say, heading to the front door.

Inside the cab I can feel myself cold sweating, my mind again playing all the possibilities like a movie. So I start practicing what I'm gonna tell Luke in case we actually get to meet each other, and in less than 20 minutes we are in front of Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.

As I already expected, there are hundreds of people already, some in tents, wearing sweaters with Calum's face on them. We hop out and I panic, feeling all my body shaking.

"Oh God, I don't know where the backdoor is" I rush, nervously rubbing the back of my neck. "How am I supposed to find Jeff? Oh God, oh God, oh God"