3.7

*Laurel's P.O.V*
I never thought I would look forward to leaving a concert of a band I love so much just to be alone with someone.

After the most unexpected request at the most unexpected time, Luke refuses to let go of me during the rest of the night, and to be honest, I wouldn't want him to.

"I think we should stay out for a few more hours" He glances at me and I instantly agree. "I'd suggest we went to Cold Rock but I'm guessing it's a little late for that."

"What's Cold Rock?"

"It's an ice creamery. But now it's 2:00am."

"Oh well, perhaps we could go to the beach and look at the stars?" I tease. Luke rolls his eyes and turn to me, playfully.

"I never thought you'd be that cheesy"

"I'm not" I laugh. "But if you're too cool for the stars we can do some bro stuff" I fold my arms.

Luke laughs and shakes his head.

He drives aimlessly at first but we end up on a beach.

Weird.

"Didn't you say it was cheesy?" I make quotation marks with my hands.

"I never said I wasn't a little cheesy though." He winks and I chuckle.

We are walking holding hands, took our shoes off to step on the sand. Luke guides me to an area with lots of tents and flashlights.

"People usually come to camp in here. We might not have a tent, nor a sleeping bag, but since you wanted to see the stars..." He shrugs.

I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him for a passionate slow kiss, taking him to an empty spot where we lay down side by side.

"Laurel?" He call after some minutes of complete silence.

His hand is gently running up and down my arm, while my head is resting against his chest.

"Hmm?"

"I would appreciate if you didn't tell anyone about being my girlfriend... for now."

"What do you mean? Why?" I frown, lifting my head just enough to look in his eyes.

"Well, whether we like it or not I'm still famous. We're lucky nobody knows your name yet, otherwise they would be harassing you by now"

"They are doing that already" I huff. "And besides people will eventually know who I am, they photographed us at Bondi beach"

"Sure, but I want to avoid it as much as I'm able to. You don't know what it feels like to have your privacy taken away."

"So people cannot know I'm in love with you?"

Luke sighs standing up, and I follow his lead. I'm not quite sure if I get what he means.

"Do you think I don't want to scream for everyone to hear that I'm in love with you? Laurel, I've never felt freer than at Bondi beach. But I know how those guys can mess things, and I don't want them to ruin us" Luke cups my cheeks, resting his forehead against mine. "You are one of the most precious things I have."

I take a deep breath, softly nodding at him.

"I can't let them expose you. I can't let you be corrupted" He whispers before kissing me.

All the questions I still have on my mind vanish when his lips touch mine. Suddenly all I need is Luke, screw the circumstances. I think I should just trust his judgement.

"Okay" I finally speak, and Luke smiles at me.

"You're awesome"

"So I've been told" I mock and he kisses my lips once again.

"Where have you been all my life?" He asks, filling my entire face with small kisses.

"In the wrong place" I giggle. "I've never been happier for going to Cake&Coffee."

"And I've never been happier for leaving without a bodyguard."

•••

Luke and I get to his parents a couple hours later, and I'm so tired I can barely stand still.

"Do you need someone to carry you upstairs, princess?" He smirks, taking me in his arms. I wanted to fight it but I would end up waking his parents who were probably asleep already.

Luke takes us to his room and he gently lays me down, kissing my neck. He slowly takes off my shirt and then my jeans, leaving me in nothing but my underwear.

"You could sleep like that if you want" He whispers against my skin, in a husky voice.

"I might end up giving in considering my level of tiredness." I admit, yawning and giggling because his breath is tickling me.

Luke stands up and takes off his clothes, putting on a pair of old black sweatpants and laying down by my side.

"The bed is small so we're just gonna have to squeeze ourselves to fit." He warns with a childish grin. I lay on my side and he positions himself behind me.

I throw the covers on top of us and close my eyes, focusing on my breathing.

After some minutes in complete silence, I adjust myself in the bed, pressing my body tighter against Luke's. I hear a low groan while he holds my hip tight. Suddenly I feel something in my lower back.

"Baby, are you awake?" Luke whispers at me in a weird voice.

"Sort of" I mumble.

"Perhaps, um, you should be the big spoon."

I wide open my eyes and try my best not to laugh. I end up failing.

"Now that explains a lot" I giggle and Luke clears his throat.

"Don't laugh, I'm dealing with a real struggle in here."

"I'm not laughing because I find it funny, I'm laughing because I'm nervous" I say, unable to hold my laughter while I turn to face him.

"Do I make you nervous?" He raises his eyebrows, biting on his piercing.

"All the time. I wonder if the feeling is mutual."

Luke turns his back to me and I place my hand on his side, slowly running my thumb over it.

"More than you could possibly know"

---------------
This chapter is small but extremely important! Don't forget to vote and share, it helps a lot. Comment telling me what you think, this is your book as well!

Stay beautiful, thanks for reading! 💗 xo