2.4

*Luke's P.O.V*

After going through four different stores, Bryana finally approves a pair of shoes for Laurel. I don't know anything about them except they are high heels, and black colored.

"How do you guys manage to walk on those things?" Ashton frowns while Laurel parades around the store.

"Actually, I don't know." Bryana giggles. "But they're beautiful."

"And it's not that uncomfortable when you get used to it." Laurel adds. I raise my eyebrows at her and she chuckles. "Okay, it's always uncomfortable."

Even though I wanted to pay for the shoes, Laurel didn't let me. She wanted to pay for the dress as well, and she would have if I hadn't taken advantage while she was changing.

When we go out of the store, however, there are about a dozen paparazzi outside.

"Bryana, Ashton, look over here!"

"Luke, where's A?"

"Ashton, when are you getting married?"

"Bryana, smile!"

"Luke, who's this?"

"Is she a hooker?"

"What the fuck?!" Laurel suddenly curses, stopping to glare at them. To be honest I want to punch whoever said this but I'm used to paparazzi. So I gently lean my arm on her shoulders and pull her closer to me, asking her to keep on moving.

When we get to the car we quickly get inside and I pull out, making sure they won't have time to follow us.

"Motherfuckers." I curse, clenching my jaw.

"They simply don't know when to quit." Bryana rolls her eyes, and then lightly squeezes Laurel's shoulder. "Sweetheart, are you alright?"

"Yeah." She replies, letting out a relieved sigh. "I just didn't know they would go that far."

"They do anything to piss you off" Ashton says. "They need to take good shots, it's their job. An unfortunate one, but even so."

"Sometimes I wish they wouldn't follow us wherever we go." I take a deep breath, not taking my eyes off the road. "I'm sorry, love."

Laurel places her hand on my leg and rubs it gently.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault. Don't let them ruin the day, we've still got a party to attend, don't we?"

Ashton and Bryana agree and I simply smile, relaxing.

•••

"Laurel! Are you ready?" I shout from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm going down!" She yells back.

It's already 9:00pm and I really want to go, but it's Laurel's fault that we are late. Maybe if she hadn't picked such an incredible dress I wouldn't have had the unstoppable desire to make out with her for almost an hour when we got home from shopping, delaying everything we needed to do for the party.

I hear steps coming from upstairs and when I turn around, Laurel is even more gorgeous than she was back at the store. She's got red lips, her natural curls are falling down her shoulders.

"You look amazing." I smirk, pulling her closer by the waist. She places a peck on my lips, carefully so it doesn't ruin her makeup.

"Thank you, mr. Hemmings. You don't look bad yourself." She smiles, and so we head to Alex's party.

When we get there, I introduce Laurel to my friends, and they all seem to find her nice. I look for Alex to greet him.

"What's up, bro!" He greets me. "I'm glad you could make it. I thought you were bringing Amanda with you, though."