4.7

*Luke's P.O.V*
January 2nd

"Hey there! How is everything in Charlotte?" I pick up Laurel's call.

"Freezing cold, and surprisingly snowy" She giggles. "Ugh, I miss Australia. How are your parents, by the way? Have you talked to them after we came back yet?"

"Yes, yesterday, right after you left. I wasn't able to reach them before to wish a happy new year. They asked about you"

I get up and press the loudspeaker button so I can change my clothes as I talk to Laurel.

"They did?" Her tone sounds happier than usual.

"Yeah, they asked where you were and wanted to say hi. I told them you left me" I fake pout even though she can't see me.

"I wish I was there with you... But one of our new year's promises is that we're gonna do more things together, so worry not! I'll soon be in LA again"

We chat for a few more minutes until Laurel suddenly stops talking and then returns.

"Uh... Luke?"

"Yeah?" I put on my jacket.

"Why am I receiving thousands of follow requests on Instagram?"

I feel my heart stop for a moment before I open my own account to check on the photos of new year. Nothing on Michael's profile, nothing on Calum's, Ashton's...

Bryana.

"Hang on" I ask as I type her username. Like white on rice, there's a photo of Ashton's party and Laurel and I are on it; we are apart, but both are there. To be really honest I don't exactly remember this one, perhaps because it was taken after midnight when I had allowed myself to get drunk, which is proved by my looks on the photo.

However, Bryana didn't tag Laurel, then how on earth could people possibly know her username?

"So?" She breaks the silence.

"I'm gonna investigate. Bryana posted a photo of us but we are not even side by side. Also she didn't tag you so I don't understand how people would know your account"

"They probably saw it on your followings?"

"Nah, I followed thousands of accounts on the same day I followed yours and I've been following more for 6 months. Besides, why now and not before if that was the case?"

Laurel remains quiet for a moment, probably considering the options. At last she simply lets out a frustrated sigh.

"What do I do? Do I allow them?" She asks me.

"I guess it's your call" I shrug. "But once they know who you are, you end up being a little famous as well, and people will harass you and everything you already know."

"Yeah but I'm not ashamed of being your girlfriend! Then I guess I'll just turn off private posts. There are no pictures of us anyway."

When I said it was her call, I didn't think she would decide this. I thought she would be sensible enough to realize that was not a very good idea and she would maybe delete her Instagram account, I don't know. Well, what exactly can I do now?

"Uh... okay? I need to get to the studio now, we are recording some stuff. Talk to you later?"

"Okay, have fun! I guess you can with such a job" She giggles. "I love you."

"I love you, too"

We hang up and I run towards my car to quickly get to the studio. Ashton is already playing random stuff on his drums while Calum is laid down on a couch, holding a notebook with his arms stretched out. Michael is playing with a fuzzy ball that's probably his cat's.