3.5

*Laurel's P.O.V*

"Hey, dad? Do you mind if I borrow your car for a couple hours?" Luke asks Andrew in next morning after the wedding.

"Where are you going?" Andrew asks him, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Somewhere, with Laurel. It's a surprise" He glances at me winking, and I swear I think my legs won't be able to keep me standing.

"I think it's running out of gas so perhaps you'll need to stop at a gas station."

"No problem. Laurel, get a bag and put some clothes on it. Wear bikinis." He turns to me.

"Are we going to the beach?"

"No, silly. To the desert, haven't you ever swum in the sand?"

I whisper a fuck you at Luke and he smirks. I quickly head back to my room and get a bag, putting a red shirt and shorts, picking up a bikini and putting it on.

When I leave my room Luke is waiting for me sitting on the couch.

"I'm ready for the desert" I joke as he stands up.

We get to his dad's car and drive to one incredibly beautiful beach after stopping at the gas station.

"Wow." I gasp. "I can't find anything else to say, this is just... it's wonderful"

"This is Bondi beach. Not your ordinary swimming desert, right?" Luke mocks.

We hop out of the car and step on the sand. The warm breeze hits me, running through my hair. I take a deep breath and a good look at the ocean in front of me.

I love the fact that it's summer in Australia.

It doesn't take long until Luke and I are in the sea, throwing water at each other like two kids. I glance at the sand, where a few surfers are running.

"I wish I could surf." I admit. "It must be so cool."

"I can" Luke proudly smiles at me. "I could teach you sometime."

"Calum told me you can barely stand on top of the surfboard" I raise an eyebrow, teasingly.

"What does he know, anyway?" He rolls his eyes. "I'm one hell of a surfer. I would show you but I don't want to leave you alone."

Also back on the sand, I spot dozens of people fully dressed, holding something in their hands and pointing at us.

Freaking cameras.

"Luke," I turn to face the horizon. "there are a lot of paparazzi back there. What are we gonna do?"

Luke looks at them and then turns to me, sighing. After that something seems to click inside him and he smirks at me.

"Well, let's give them something to photograph."

And with that, he pulls me by the waist and kisses me deeply.

I'm truly surprised.

And I'm also overwhelmed.

I grab his hair to pull him closer to me, and he deepens the kiss. I don't know what's wrong with Luke, he never did that and I thought he never would.

I pull away, breathless.

"I'm worried that waves are gonna hit us." I say and he chuckles, running his thumb over my cheek. "Oh, and sharks. White sharks. Also rays, jellyfish and whatever else that might be under these waters waiting to kill us."