7.4

*Laurel's P.O.V*

"Rel, wait!" I hear Austin shout behind me. We just had this incredibly heated argument back at the restaurant because I told him I knew about H and I simply couldn't stay at the same place he was.

"Laurel!" He calls out again, closer this time.

"Leave me alone!" I hiss, looking over my shoulder.

"Not until you listen to me" Austin grabs my arm to force me to turn over, but I yank it back.

"Do not fucking touch me, for starters" I spit. "And I don't want to listen to anything you have to say, you had plenty time to think about what it could cost you if I found out about this crap. You made your choice, I can make mine. Goodbye forever."

"Laurel, wait. I know I screwed up... but I was so mad that you didn't realize that douche was only making you miserable! He doesn't truly love you, never did, but the first information leaked by H wasn't me, I only enjoyed the opportunity!"

"Only?! You exposed me! Is that something you do to the people you claim to love? If so, please review your concepts. Now let me go."

I turn my back on Austin and resume my steps away from him. I hear him groaning.

"Wait, there's something I should tell you." He sighs. I stop.

"What?"

"It wasn't just me."

I frown.

"What the hell do you mean? Do you have a crime partner or something?"

"Well, sort of" He shrugs. "I've got someone who comes with the ideas. And they assured me that this wouldn't wreck your relationship, just... weaken it. I never wanted to destroy whatever you felt for that dude Lucas."

"It doesn't make any sense, Austin, you do realize that"

"It will if you stop rolling your eyes every goddamn time I say something and start thinking about it!" He insists. "God, I'm trying to apologize and even tell you how it all worked here, if you don't wanna listen just tell me."

I take a deep breath, walking towards him.

"I'm all ears."

And then, like I suspected since the beginning, Austin admits that Amanda convinced him to do it because, just like him, she was trying to get the person she loved back.

And because Austin is a freaking moron, he agreed to do so.

"I'm not trying to play innocent because I'm not, but it wasn't entirely my fault. That A said it would work and that she'd do everything in her reach to make it less painful to both you and Lucas. All I had to do afterwards was to comfort you." He explains with pleading eyes.

"Which is what you were trying to do these past couple months" I add, to what he nods.

"The kitten, the flowers, the night-outs, everything." He puffs.

I'm speechless. I never thought he was actually doing it all to comfort me, and not simply try to get me back.

"Rel, I know that you're probably mad at me right now, and if you want to keep your distance I understand--"

"Oh, so now you understand if I want to?" I raise my eyebrows ironically. Austin rolls his eyes.

"Not the time for you to judge me. As I was saying, I understand it completely, but all I did was for you. I knew you'd end up being hurt by Lucas but I thought I could avoid it."

"First of all, it's Luke" I clench my jaw. "And I most definitely want to stay away from you. Don't look for me anymore."

Austin lowers his head and slowly nods.

"Okay. I'm sorry" He mutters.

"Goodbye." I say, coldly.

Back at my apartment, Riley blacked out on of the couch, with DV on top of her. I go on my tiptoes to not wake her up and close my door.

I throw myself on the bed, feeling this incredible desire to scream and cry at the same time. A was behind all this. A would never quit.

And what's worse: Luke and I didn't break up because of H and Austin said her intention wasn't to torn us apart, just make our relationship weaker. Which makes me wonder: probably this was a plan B.

What about plan A?

August 10th
*Luke's P.O.V*

"...Luke? Luke!" I hear a muffled voice calling me, but I'm out of energy to even open my eyes.

"Luke!" The voice comes closer. "What the fuck are you doing, dude?!"

Calum rips the bottle out of my hand and I hear it being forcedly placed on top of the table.

"You need to get up! Are you listening to me?"

"Hmm...?" I respond, slowly opening my eyes. He slaps my cheeks a couple times.

"Luke, we are playing in an hour, what do you think you're doing?!" He yells at me.

I moan, trying to get his hands off me.

"Fuck you, Calum"

He puffs, dropping my arms.

"This is not working, Luke. That's the fourth time you get incredibly drunk right before a gig only in Asian tour! This needs to stop!"

"Okay so do you have some weed or whatever?" I reply, groggily laughing.

I don't know exactly about Calum's facial expression because my eyes are shut down again, but I do hear his steps going out of the room.

He slams the door.

And I'm finally at peace again.

At least that's what I thought.

I didn't see it coming but within two seconds I was up, cold and soaking wet. I blink numerous times to focus, catching sight of Calum, Ashton and Michael right in front of me, Ash carrying a bucket.

"What the fuck?!" I curse, glaring at them. "Do you want to kill me?!"

"Sorry, it was necessary" Ashton stares fixedly at me. "We need to talk"

I huff, forcing my way between them towards the bathroom.

"I don't want to talk to any of you"

"Then stop this bullshit, take your job more seriously!" Michael comes after me, stopping by the doorframe. "I know you're sad but if you need help just look for a freaking therapist! You can't stop your life because of a fucking girl!"

I laugh, turning to face him.

"This is not because of a fucking girl. What's her name again? Lauren?"

"Then get your shit together, mate, or we're gonna have to make drastic decisions" Calum warns me.

In a matter of three seconds I go from I want to punch you in the face mood to I'm crying my fucking eyes out.

I collapse on the ground, curling myself in a ball. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know what's going on with me" I murmur, wiping my eyes.

"I think you should open up more." Ashton says. "We are here for you, and we can help. But first you need to want us to."

I look up at my friends, my vision completely blurred by the tears.

"I want to talk to my parents."

----------
What do you think of this chapter? Vote, comment! I love hearing what you guys have to say!
Stay beautiful 💗 xo