2.5

There's a song in this chapter, as you might have noticed. if you don't like this one you can get Candles, by Daughter. Its lyrics are actually exactly what is happening! (or you can simply get one dramatic song you've got on your playlist lol)

*Luke's P.O.V*

During the rest of the party, I don't let go of Laurel, not even a single moment. She talks to my friends and, to them, she looks happy. However, now that I know she struggles with something, I can't help realizing some features of pain on her face.

Laurel and I go get her a little more whiskey. I stop drinking since I'm driving us home.

"Oh well, hello Luke." A woman greets me.

Hell no. I know this voice.

"Hello, Hannah." I sigh, pressing Laurel tighter against me.

"Who's this? Your new toy?" Amanda's ginger best friend mocks, and I feel Laurel tensing by my side.

"Nope. Not that it's any of your business, though." I roll my eyes, walking away.

"Amanda won't be happy when she finds out about this." She warns, following me, and I laugh sarcastically.

"At the moment I couldn't care less about what Amanda would think."

"Actually, take a picture, you'll have proof." Laurel retorts and Hannah glares at her.

"Oh, so she barks?" She raises her eyebrows.

"If I want you to be able to understand me, then yeah, I do bark." Laurel spits. She's clearly a little drunk.

And why am I feeling amused with that?

Hannah rolls her eyes and let us be, and I look at my feet.

"I'm so dead when Amanda finds out" I admit, and Laurel sighs.

"I'm sorry that being with me causes you so much trouble." She wraps her hand in mine.

"I love trouble. But no more alcohol for you, miss." I kiss her forehead, heading back to where Ashton is standing with Bryana. For some miracle Calum is finally talking to Natalie, and Michael... well, to be honest I don't know where Michael is.

After half an hour of conversation, Laurel and I say goodbye to everyone. During the ride home she doesn't speak, and neither do I. She's sleepy, tipsy. I turn on the radio and switch the station to one with... Less loud music.

A random songs starts playing and Laurel suddenly tilts her head, groggily chuckling.

"I love this song." She says, humming the lyrics. "Take my hand, I'll teach you to-" Hiccup. "dance... Spinning around, won't-" Hiccup. "let you fall down..."

"What song is this?" I ask, trying my best not to laugh at her drunk hiccups.

"It's All About Us, by He Is We. It's old." She replies, keeping on humming. "It kind of reminds me of... Us. Remember? That day back in my apartment, when we danced."

"Yeah, I remember that." I smile to myself, not taking the eyes off the road. I feel Laurel's hands in my thigh, and I straighten up on the seat, shivering.

"I always catch myself thinking about it. About you." She smiles.

"I'm glad, because I always think about you, too." I admit, feeling my heart beating faster.

"Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love. Spotlight shining: it's all about us..." She sings and I frown. Is she, like, singing it to me?