3.4

*Luke's P.O.V*
I put my tuxedo on and try tying my tie, failing miserably. I groan looking at the mirror, and open my bedroom's door.

"Mum, I can you help me with my-"

Laurel is standing right next to my mom, laughing. She's got her makeup done, her curls are falling down her bare shoulder. Her red dress fits her body so well I can't stop looking at her.

Mum giggles.

"Looks like Laurel is faster than you when it comes to getting ready" she says, coming closer to tie my tie.

I clear my throat, finally looking away from Laurel.

"That was an isolated case, Mrs. Hemm-" Mum glances at her and she beams. "Sorry. Liz. Luke always manages to be ready when I haven't even showered yet."

"I was struggling with the tie" I roll my eyes. Mum finishes her job and adjusts my tuxedo.

"There. You look handsome, Lukey. Doesn't he, Laurel?"

"Yes, he does." Laurel winks at me and a foolish smile crosses my face.

Mum helps dad with his suit and we get inside the car. Laurel and I are on the backseat, holding hands. I notice she's nervous, always trying to push a piece of hair behind her ear. So I guide her hand to my lips and kiss it gently.

"They're gonna love you." I whisper at her, and she sighs, relieved.

"I hope so."

Father parks the car and we hop out. I hold Laurel by the waist so she doesn't fall off her heels due to uneven ground. We are one hour early, but some people are already here, like Jack and Celeste.

I'm holding Laurel's hand while we're following my parents to greet the family.

"We'd like you to meet someone. This is Laurel." My dad smiles at us while he introduces our guest to an aunt of mine.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." Laurel beams kindly at her. My aunt cracks a smile and takes Laurel's hands on hers.

"What a lovely young lady that is, Andrew!" She tells my dad, and I smile proudly. "Who is she?"

I stare at her and she stares back. I'm assuming she doesn't know how to respond to that, and she's right. Neither my father does. Neither do I!

"She's the Hemmings' newest member." Jack sneaks in the middle of us both, leaning his arms on our shoulders. "Laurel is my sister-in-law."

Her eyes wide open at me and I clear my throat, staring at my dad who's looking completely amused.

"Oh, this is marvelous! Is it true, Luke?" She turns to me, expectantly.

"Uh, yeah...?" I awkwardly smile at her, not sure of what else to say.

We greet the other people in the place, Jack always ahead of me.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I frown at him while Laurel is talking to some of our cousins. "Are you going to tell everyone she's my girlfriend?"

"I never said she was your girlfriend, Lukey" He smirks. "I was just saying she's my sister-in-law."

"Oh, yeah right." I roll my eyes. "Whose girlfriend would she be then? Ben's?"