1.8

a/n: two updates today because I'm excited hehe

*Luke's P.O.V*

It's been four days since I last spoke properly to Laurel. To be completely honest, I'm still pissed off about the whole girlfriend of the guy thing. I didn't talk to her about it, though.

"So you are avoiding talking to Laurel because A told you that, - what's the guy's name again? Austin, yeah - that Austin was going to ask her to be his girlfriend?" Ashton repeats my long story short and I nod.

"Dude, that makes no sense. Really." Calum laughs. "To begin with, you're not even sure if that's true. Can you trust something A says about Laurel? Michael told us they visibly hated each other at first sight."

Michael shrugs.

"It's just A being A, you know, urging hate and contempt."

"It can be a lie, but it's most likely to be true, I mean, Austin and Laurel are together." I massage my temples.

"Why don't you simply ask her? Stop being jealous over something you don't even know if it's real." Ashton tells me off.

"I'm not jealous," I frown. "I just think he's no good. She deserves better."

"And by better you mean yourself?" Calum chuckles and Ashton and Michael laugh. "You don't need to lie to us, you like her."

"We already discussed this Luke, don't be a wuss." Michael points at me. "He admitted guys, back in Charlotte he said he likes her."

"Can you say it louder so people in China can hear you, Michael?" I scoff, puffing. "Okay, yes I like her. But there's much going on. You guys said I shouldn't get involved, and this is what I'm trying to--"

"I think you never did take our advice," Ashton interrupts me. "if you had you'd have never hooked up with Laurel in the first place. Now that it's done you are already involved man, I know you."

"Not necessarily. I still sleep with Amanda and it doesn't make me committed to her." I furrow my eyebrows.

"You know what I meant." He rolls his eyes.

"If you are upset about the fact Laurel might have a boyfriend you are committed. Even if you guys have nothing, I mean, that was the first time you got to see her after months." Calum speaks.

"I know that, guys. Oh my God, let's just not talk about it, all right? I'm annoyed." I furiously shake my hand so we can drop the topic.

"Actually I guess you'll be even more when you see this." Michael grins and passes me my phone. He's on my Instagram and there's a photo of Laurel kissing the guy's cheek, captioned "Guess who's getting older? 👴🏼💗"

I feel my blood boiling in my veins. Suddenly my heart beats faster and I consider punching either a cushion or Michael's face.

But saying oh is pretty much everything I can manage to do.

"I'm not trying to be mean, dude... but he's kinda hot." Ashton speaks up and Michael grins.

"But Luke is a musician. You're about 100 points ahead of him." Calum adds.

"I don't think this is worth shit for Laurel." I admit. "I mean, even if it does, what is she supposed to do? Give up on her life back in Charlotte to live in LA just so I can get to see her often?"

"If both of you are willing to take a risk you'll figure out." Calum tells me. "I'm not saying it's going to be easy, because it'll be as far from easy as it could be, but you can make it work."

"I agree. But you need to make sure she remains interested." Michael takes my phone away from me and scroll through my contacts.

"What are you doing, Michael?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Something I should have done before." He presses a number and puts the phone on the loudspeaker. He's calling someone.

"Hello?" Laurel picks up.

"Hi there cutie!" Ashton greets her first.

"Oh Lord, Ashton! Hi! It's been so long! I miss you! Where's Calum?"

"I'm right here, lady." He chuckles and she squeaks.

"I'm so happy to be talking with you guys! I thought you'd come visit me with Luke and Michael."

"We wanted to but I got in trouble with rent and Calum just got a new puppy, so he couldn't leave him."

"Yeah, he's called Nero. Like the emperor. It's a bulldog." Michael gets in the conversation.

"Michael, there you are!" She greets on the other side of the connection. "Where's um... Luke? It's his phone."

"I'm right here." I say.

"Hi Luke."

When I'm about to respond the boys start talking to Laurel about small things, life in LA and stuff like that until Michael takes the control of the whole chat.

"Laurel, we were wondering... When are you free, like, to travel?"

"Um, actually maybe in two weeks, I guess. Why?"

"We want you to come to LA and visit us. Ashton and Calum want a chance to see you again and Luke, well, he doesn't stop talking about you."

The three of them look at me, smirking, and I feel like killing Michael for saying that. Laurel giggles.

"I'm glad to hear that. But as I told Luke I've got no money right now to travel, so I'm afraid I can't make it."

"Bullshit!" Calum exclaims. "Don't worry about the money, we can pay everything for you."

"Calum, no! Never!" She hurries. "I don't like being in debt to people and I'm not sure when I'd be able to pay you guys, no, not a chance."

"Not bragging about it, but we are not exactly in need of money." Michael jokes.

"And that invitation is still up..." I talk. "You can stay at my place if you'd like."

The boys silently cheer for me while we wait for her response. Whoa, I'm nervous.

"Luke, won't I bother?"

"Absolutely not. You know that."

"So...?" Ashton, Calum and Michael speak in one voice.

"I'm not sure... But I'll think about it. Thanks guys!"

We all hooray before hanging up.

"And that was me saving your ass once again." Michael smirks and I can't help agreeing.

"I still don't see the point, though." I admit.

"She comes here and you give her the best version of yourself, the end. You try to discover how deep are your feelings for her and I guess she's going to do pretty much the same." He explains.

"As long as she doesn't bring the guy along... Fine by me." I say, forbidding myself from even thinking about them together.

-------------
Shortest chapter so far! Do you prefer short or long chapters, considering I'm going to update the same amount no matter the length? Answer it please!

Thank you for reading, you guys rock! Don't forget to comment telling me what you think, vote and share if you enjoy it. Stay beautiful! xo