1.4

a/n: another song with the chapter!!

*Luke's P.O.V*

"So, let me see if I got this straight." Michael narrows his eyebrows. "You hooked up with Laurel and you want to see her again, but Amanda is a problem because she would never leave you alone with her after today."

"That's accurate." I nod.

"...and now for you to get to meet Laurel again you want me to keep her busy?"

"I was hoping you could help me out at this, mate."

"You know we don't get along, Luke! We never did!"

"You were the one who made me invite her to come, remember?" I frown. "You wanted to prove I got a thing for Laurel but you didn't include me doing something about it on your plans when you decided about that bet. I can't simply leave her here."

"Now I truly regret it" Michael massages his temples. "There must be another way, I can't stand her when you're with us, can you imagine if we were alone? Thank goodness we hung out with Austin yesterday."

"What do you suggest then?" I fold my arms and roll my eyes for the mention of the guy's name.

"We tell her we are going to the mall."

"I've considered this already. Not working. Dozens of fans might show up."

"Exactly." He grins.

    •••

"Good morning, Amanda. I was thinking about going to the mall today. What do you say?" I ask her, kissing her cheek when we go down the restaurant of the hotel to have breakfast.

"With Laurel?" She mocks.

"Actually um, Laurel had things to do for school, so she won't be able to come. I thought we could go like, just me, you..."

"... and me!" Michael shows up and A grunts.

"What would we do there?"

"Shopping" I shrug. "I know how much you love fashion."

"Are you sure about this?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah, Michael wanted to buy a few socks as well."

She stares at us for a couple seconds but then shrugs, smiling.

"All right."

We head back to our rooms to take a shower and get dressed, but before leaving Michael and I talk to Ashton for a few minutes.

"You should be here with us!" I tell him, selecting the loudspeaker so Michael could hear the conversation.

"I also think so, dude, but I'm pissed off with the whole rental thing." Ashton complains. "How's the trip? How is A doing?"

"She's on her moody ways, as always." Michael hisses and I roll my eyes. "But she's doing fine, I guess. We're going to the mall today."

"To the mall? Without bodyguards? Guys, are you mad? What about paps and fans?"

"To be completely honest with you, seems like they haven't found out we're here yet" I reply. "We're staying inside Laurel's apartment most of the time, and when we hang out we are barely stopped by fans."