6.6

*Laurel's P.O.V*
April 17th

"Laurel, I'm glad that you are still here" Jim stops in front of me, out of breath. It looks like he just ran a marathon. "Professor Evans wants to talk to you."

"About what?"

"She decided you would need another colleague to help you with your project and I told her about a girl at UNCC, who you worked with... What was her name again? McKinley?"

"Riley McKinley?" My jaw drops. "Can I seriously invite Riley to work with us?!"

Jim chuckles.

"You can and you must, unless you've got someone else in mind."

I shake my head, joyful.

"No, she's the best option! But turns out, she's 20. She needs to finish her studies."

"No problem. She gets a scholarship like you"

I don't even wait to get to my apartment; after I leave Professor Evans' office I instantly call Riley to tell her the news.

Needless to say that she nearly had a heart attack.

"Laurel, this is incredible!" She cheers. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You deserve it, Riley" I giggle. "We need you here as fast as possible"

"But I need somewhere to live! Its not that simple!"

"We can share an apartment" I shrug. "We rent a bigger one for both of us. What do you say?"

May 9th

Riley and I already found a new home, also in Diamond Heights. I've missed her like crazy and she didn't know about the accident even though she told me a lot of people talked about it back at UNCC.

I'm waiting for her classes to finish and I decide to call Luke. I haven't heard his voice in about three days, and even though he does text me it's like twice a day.

Mailbox.

I sigh. I'm getting this close of calling Calum. Or Michael. Or Ashton.

Ever since Luke came back to LA I haven't touched a single magazine, nor listened to any radio stations or visited gossiping websites, he asked me to. Riley thinks it's because he's going to take me as his official girlfriend but he wants to make it a surprise. He's been acting so weird lately, like he's hiding something. He's either going to do that or he's causing trouble.

In all my honesty, I prefer thinking it's the first option.

It's our 5th month anniversary - if you disregard our break - in a week, and I really want to do something with him.

My phone rings five minutes later.

"Hi, babe!" I pick up, all smiley. "I thought you'd lost your phone!"

"Sorry" He chuckles. "I've been really busy with the promo and stuff, you know how it is. How are you, my angel?"

"I'm good, just waiting for Riley so we can head back home together. What about you?"

"I'm on my way to the airport, we are going to Denver."

"This is cool! And then you're going back to LA?"