2.7

AND WE WERE RANKED #395 SWEET MAMA THIS IS MORE THAN I COULD EVER DREAM OF. LEMME HUG Y'ALL SDKFJJEEHGWERHGLQR

A week later...

*Laurel's P.O.V*

I'm trying hard to forget how much I'm missing Luke, given my most recent discovery about what I feel for him. It's been three days since I came back and I've been avoiding Austin at all costs, he must be extremelly pissed at me right now.

Truth be told: I can't be with him. Not anymore.

I'm in love with Luke.

Wow, this is so weird.

"Laurel?" Damian calls me, snapping me out of my daze.

"Hm?"

"Uh... I hate getting in the middle of this but Austin just texted me asking me to ask you why you're ignoring him."

"I'm not ignoring him." I lie.

"Oh, really?" I hear another voice, coming from the entrance. I look over my shoulder and there he is, the last person I wanted to meet right now.

"You can't be here, Austin." I say, turning away from the microscope to take off my gloves and my coat to talk to him.

"If at least you answered my calls I wouldn't need to cross the entire campus after you." He snaps. "What's wrong?"

"Do you really want to talk about this now? Right here?" I ask through gritted teeth. Austin looks around, realizing he's causing such a damn scene and everyone in the lab is looking at us.

"Fine." He groans, holding my arm. "But please stop ignoring me. I mean it. I've missed you so much, Rel. Let's do something later today, what do you think?"

Ugh, Austin. Why are you always nice like this?

I take a deep breath and small smile at him, nodding.

"Show up by 6 at my place. Okay?"

His eyes shine bright and he cracks that beautiful smile of his.

"Okay love." He says, kissing me quick. Too quick for me to escape.
                               •••
I'm walking around my living room, trying to think of what exactly I'm going to tell Austin. My initial plan was making our "relationship" unbearable, so he would simply give up on me. I hate breaking someone's heart, this is something of mine... Better someone making me suffer than the opposite, I feel so guilty and sad... How the heck am I going to tell Austin?!

Someone knocks on the door and I jump in surprise. My heart is racing in my chest and my mouth is dry. All good, Laurel, just be honest.

When I open the door, Austin is standing right there, with a rose in his hand.

Oh no.

Austin wide smiles at me and leans down to kiss me again, giving me the rose and passing through me to come in.

"I also brought a movie" He shows me his other hand, which was behind his back, and shakes a small DVD box, smiling timidly. "I know you love it."

Shit, that's Star Wars.

"I really do." I say, smiling softly at him while closing the door. "But I was hoping we could talk..."

"Later, babe." He cuts me off, heading to my bed and getting my laptop. "First we're watching this, what episode is it? Return Of The Jedi."