0.9

*Laurel's P.O.V*

It's gonna be a long week.

I wasn't expecting Michael or Luke to ever come see me again, to be honest. How did they even remember my address? So I see the light: Megan. That bitch. I smile to myself, thinking of what an amazing friend she's been to me ever since I came.

Note to self: tell Megan I love her.

When I saw Luke standing right there in my door, I really didn't know what happened to my heart. It pounded so fast and so hard I could've sworn they would listen. And then when I hugged him and Michael, it felt right, you know what I'm saying? Even though I was a little upset with Luke on the previous days, after we chatted on FaceTime I realized he still wanted me around, after all. Nothing could ruin the moment! I was gonna have so much fun with the boys and try to build a healthy friendship with Luke, even if for that I needed to pretend that I don't have any kind of... Well, feelings for him. And everything was doing quite fine until she decided to make her presence noted.

"Hi." Luke's "ex" greeted me, smiling. Oops, sorry, "smiling". That girl was spitting poison from her tusks like an actual snake.

"Hi" I tried to sound as friendly as possible, but deep down I wanted to scream at Luke for bringing her.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Laurel. And who are you?"

"I'm A."

I glanced at Michael and he was holding himself not to laugh, I just wasn't sure if laugh at me or at how pathetic she was sounding.

"Just A?" I asked, still trying my best to be nice to her.

"Google it, sweetheart." She replied. I feel my blood boiling in my veins.

For what I recall A is that stupid stalker from Pretty Little Liars, not this walking disaster in front of me.

Okay, Laurel. Keep it cool, do it for the boys, they're here.

I took a deep breath and shook my head, facing Luke and Michael. I invited them to come in and we began to talk, until someone knocked on my door. I knew who it was, but I wasn't ready for having them both gathered in the same room. Even so, what was I supposed to do? Leave him hanging by the door?

So now, when Austin just came in and introduced himself to my two - okay, two and a half - guests, I can feel Luke's eyes on me. I can feel them like knives, as if Austin was something terribly wrong.

Austin sits down in my bed and I follow him. I face Luke and he's staring at the window, his eyebrows narrowed. I know that expression.

"It's a great pleasure to meet you, Austin!" A says, wrapping her arm on Luke's. Ugh. "Isn't it, baby?"

Luke groans and rolls his eyes before forcing a smile and nodding, looking at Austin.

"What's up, dude."

"I'm Michael!"

Mikey, you are my savior!

"What's good Michael? And what is the other one's name?" Austin whispers the last part to me, but the guy he was talking about listens and turns to him.

"I'm Luke."

"Lucas?"

"No. Never Lucas, it's Luke." Luke replies him sounding extremely annoyed.

"Uh, okay...? Why do I get the feeling that I know you two from somewhere?" Austin raises an eyebrow and twists his nose, thinking. "But I've never seen you around."