1.3

*Laurel's P.O.V*
The question running through my head over and over right now is: WHAT WAS THAT?

In a moment I was buying aspirin for Luke, in the other we were almost ripping each other's eyes off, and about two minutes later he was kissing me. Kissing me. What? When did this happen?

"Michael is a very cool guy," Austin says, snapping me out of my daze, "that dude Lucas, though" he wrinkles his nose.

"It's Luke." I roll my eyes, giggling. "He's just as awesome, you just didn't get to know him properly."

"I don't like him, Laurel. And I'm quite sure the feeling is mutual."

"What are you talking about?" I stand up and playfully punch his before heading to the kitchen. "He's just shy."

"I well know when somebody's shy and when they're not even a little fond of you." He retorts, following me. "There's a notorious difference."

I go on my tiptoes to reach an upper shelf to get Doritos but my arms still can't make it, so Austin simply raises his and grabs it for me.

"Thank you, mr. Tall." I smile at him, opening the sack and filling a glass with Coke. "I think you're overreacting. Luke is one of the greatest people I know, he's so kind and talented - do you want some? No? Okay. Anyway, his heart is gold..."

"How did you even get to be friends with a famous band, in the first place?" He raises his eyebrows.

"They were here in Charlotte about two or three months ago. I met Luke, um... On the street. So he gave me two tickets to their concert + VIP access so I had the opportunity to talk with the four of them." I shrug.

"That's odd." He chuckles. "It's the first time I've ever heard of something like this."

I smile. "Believe it or not, this is how I got to know them. And after that we kept in touch."

"Were you a fan of their work?"

"Before meeting them?"

I hold his hand and take him to my bed. I open the drawer of my nightstand and grab my three CD's.

"I've been a fan since I was, like, 15." I giggle. "I was literally a fangirl, I mean, I still am. But by that time I was quite sure I would marry Ashton!"

"Who's Ashton?" He frowns. I point at Ashton on the CD cover and Austin hums. "I guess you never thought you'd get to know them in real life."

"Never, especially the way I did! And this is Calum, he's a sweetheart as well! They are all very nice."

I look at my CD's and sigh, nostalgic; I go back to when I was a teenager and filled my mind with imaginary conversations with the boys, dreams of being one of them's girlfriend, plans of how I would meet them, etc.

Sweet mama, who knew I would actually make it.

"Michael showed me a few songs." Austin breaks the silence. "They are alright, I guess."

"I think they are more than alright"

"Speaking of Alright, what's the deal with the whole A thing? What's her real name?"

"I don't know her, Luke never told me" I admit. "She's a tough case."

"I like her, she said we'd make a cute couple." Austin winks at me and I feel my stomach contracting, but not because I find it sweet; I was actually quite scared.

"She loathes me." I tell him, looking away.

"She might simply be shy." I glare at him for using my words and he sticks out his tongue, making me laugh.