7.2

*Luke's P.O.V*

I wake up the next morning with a terrible hangover. I don't exactly remember what happened last night, just that I invited the dudes to come over. Turns out that Amanda showed up and she wanted to throw a party. However, I told her a million times I wasn't in the mood but she's stubborn and it's not like she ever listens to me or anyone. Before I knew it, my house was full with people and I was drinking like a fish.

And now when I look to my side, there she is, sleeping right beside me, shirtless. I look down at myself and groan.

Yeah, we had sex.

I put some pants on, starting to feel blue again. This is how it works every day: I wake up, stand up, dress something and remember that Laurel won't be here. I remember that I can't talk to her or touch her, whereas I could've sworn she called me yesterday. I remember picking up but for some reason I wasn't able to reach her.

Amanda wakes up and I ask her about it directly.

"It was just a dream, silly" She answers, heading to the bathroom. "Laurel never called."

I drop the subject, feeling very sad. Today is the my last day in LA before we start touring around the US. Now I ask you: do you think I could, under the circumstances I found myself, hang in there? It's almost like I'm dead, Gosh. I miss waking up in the morning with a smile on my face because I knew that, even far away, there was someone just for me, and she loved me like I loved her.

I found out: Laurel is the meaning of my happiness.

Without happiness, I'm just tears.

Amanda walks past me and rolls her eyes.

"What are you doing curled in the corner? Come on, let's have something to eat."

"You need to go" I whisper. "I don't want you here."

She coughs.

"What? Are you seriously kicking me out?"

"Yes."

"Why?!"

"BECAUSE" I've lost all my patience. "Can't you see? I appreciate everything you've done for me but I seriously need some time on my own. Now, if you have any sort of good feeling for me, go home and leave me alone."

A keeps staring fixedly at me before sighing.

"You're such a coward. And moaning someone else's name during sex is extremely impolite."

I hear the door being slammed but could care less, so I decide to go take a shower and calm myself down. When I'm heading downstairs to eat something, my phone rings.

"Hey, buddy! Good morning!" Calum greets me. "I hope you're feeling well because tomorrow it's all about plane trips, buses and a lot of hotel beds."

"Yay" I chuckle, taking a deep breath. "I'm a little upset."

"Because you didn't speak to Laurel?" His happy tone fades away and I agree. "Maybe she just didn't have time or she forgot. Or she thought you wouldn't want to talk to her."

"Dude, I'm dying to hear her voice. Didn't she try to reach you? Or Ash, Mikey? Are you sure?"

Calum remains silent for a moment.

"Perhaps you should check your recent calls. You know, just to make sure. I'll check on mine as well."

We hang up and I do what he says. I scroll down through dozens of names that called me during the night until I stop at one that wasn't saved on my contacts.

I recognize the number and my heart stops.

Laurel called me. 9:33pm. 3 minutes.

"If I didn't pick this up, who did?!" I enquire to myself. And then the lightbulb turns on.

Freaking Amanda.

Desperate I try calling Laurel even though I know she's not going to pick up. I call four, five, ten times, and nothing. In the end I already feel tears on my face as I leave a message on her mailbox.

"Laurel, you called. I'm so sorry I didn't pick up, baby, I'm so so so sorry! I know Amanda picked up and I really don't know how I let this happen but please let me talk to you, I..." I swallow the knot forming in my throat. "I miss you so fucking much. I don't know how to live without you, I'm lost. I need you, my angel, please please please give me another chance!"

I call some more times and I leave more messages until her mailbox is completely full. I punch the floor a hundred times, releasing all my frustration and anger. After the process, I'm completely exhausted. The heartache strikes again. I'm so angry right now that if I end up calling Amanda I might be way too disrespectful. I don't know what she told Laurel or why she did this, but it doesn't matter. If I hadn't completely lost my head I would have picked up and we would have talked. I would have heard the voice of my Delilah once again.

I was too submerged in my own misery that I lost my chance, but if she called it means she probably wanted to talk to me as much as I wanted to talk to her.

However, because I like torturing myself, I go on her Instagram; if only I could turn back time.

Yesterday, on my birthday, she was going out. She was going out with another guy, and he's not even Austin.

Jim.

All the hopes I got were totally torn apart; it wasn't even 2 months ago that we broke up and she is surrounded by possibilities she doesn't want to waste. I don't blame her, though. But I can't help feeling even worse than I was before, if that's possible.

I wish I knew how I'm gonna do to hang in there and play the happy role as I perform to thousands of people, when my heart and my soul are completely wrecked.

And to be completely honest, I don't think they will ever be back to what they were before.

----------
I'm so sorry for the late update but I had so many things to do on the weekend! I hope this doesn't suck! Leave your comments and don't forget to vote if you like it!

Silent readers, don't be silent! haha the more you guys talk the more I feel motivated to write!

Don't miss next chapter! Stay beautiful 💗 xo